cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Edit script to add distribution information

I'm trying to add a table with NTNAME etc. into the Governance Dashboard to enable the use of my client standard Loop and Distribute method in QMC. Running Governance Dashboard with the security code (or any code) added to the script, nothing happens.

Is it possible to add custom script to the governance dashboard?

Is there an "end script" command in the hidden script preventing me of adding custom code? Are there any work around. I tried binary load, but it feels like hidden script is run anyway.

Vegar Lie Arntsen

egbs consulting ab

http://bi-effekten.se

13 Replies
Not applicable

Meaning, I need to separate the directories by | as below?

D:\Qlikview\Testing|D:\Qlikview\Testing2|D:Qlikview\Testing3

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Yes, though you might just be able to use simply:

Testing

Unless you have other subfolders or QVW, QVD, or QVX files with the string "Testing" in it that you do want to include in the scan.  If not, though, you can include all items with "Testing" in the file path this way.

Please note that the LUA pattern is case sensitive.

If you are not sure the case of the folders and filenames, you might consider using the following:

[tT][eE][sS][tT][iI][nN][gG]

This captures both upper and lower case for each letter. seems a bit much for such a simple exclusion, but so it goes.

Not applicable

Thanks for the info. To make myself clear, meaning for example, I need to scan several paths.

Hence, in "List of File Paths to Scan", I put the root folder D:\Qlikview

In Excluded Files|Directories, I can just put the folder name like Backup|Testing|Docs|Model

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

The List of File Paths to Scan will scan all the subfolders and files within that main folder (D:\QlikView). Then you can exclude files and subfolders within d:\QlikView by using the exclusion patterns, as you have listed them.

In your example, the scan would exclude all files within subfolders containing the case sensitive string "Backup", "Testing", "Docs" or "Model".  It would also exclude any files containing that case-sensitive string.