Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to allocate new QlikView Engine - Max usage reached

Hi all,

We are occasionally getting this error message.

Information: Failed to allocate new QlikView Engine. Retrying! Max usage reached. Current usage count=7 of 7 (of type non-reader).

I have checked the Distribution Services configuration:

Max number of simultaneous Qlikview engines for distribution is set to 7

Max number of simultaneous Qlikview engines for administration is set to 20.

The machine on which QV is running is 12 core on 2 CPUs. Initial investigation in the community suggested increasing the number from 7 to possibly 10 but I just wanted your opinion as 7 is probably already relatively a high number.

Andre

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps

Failed to allocate a QlikView Engine

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, that is the one I had come across before. Basically, they are suggesting to add and hence why I asked if adding to 10 should be ok (given the 12 cores). I'll probably try that out.

Thanks for your feedback.

Andre

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You need to do 9 and not 10. If you go over 10 you will need to change the Desktop Heap setting. Also, remember that Qlik isn't the only thing that uses a Comms Object.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Cheers Bill

Not applicable
Author

Bill, do you however suggest that in the short term we set it to 9? We had some consultants a couple of months ago which had actually suggested we reduce it from 7 which I found strange to be honest. In the long but near term we'd like to review our job/scheduling as I believe that is the "core" issue. This machine is furthermore dedicated to Qlikview ... other than any windows server processes - there is nothing else using up any resources.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I don't think setting to 9 will hurt you. If it does cause issues you will know right away.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.