Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reading the path from ini

Hi all,

I have following things in ini. Let me know how can I read the Path which is there in ini and insert in to qlikview loadscript. This is very urgent requirement. Hope some one can help me out soon.

[DBENG]
Start=1
Memory=300
TCPIP=1

HIDE=0
Path=D:\PA42009\10012009

[UpDn]
secondStock Rar=120
second=120

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Juerg Maier JmiD GmbH Schweiz wrote:
You need to post me your .ini file too to see what's going wrong
Edit: It works on my machine with the text you had posted above copied to a file<div></div>

I have posted the ini file. Please check!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab

Misunderstanding, you sent me your load script which looks correct to me. To see what is going wrong I will need to get your actual ini file from which you want to extract the path.

Juerg

Not applicable
Author

Misunderstanding, you sent me your load script which looks correct to me. To see what is going wrong I will need to get your actual ini file from which you want to extract the path. <div></div>

Yes! It was a misunderstanding. I am able to get the path now.

Can you do me a help. Can you please explain how it works. So that I can do the required changes myself to read the information from other ini.

Not applicable
Author

Rikab

the load will read line for line through your ini file. You access the information of the read in line through the @1 reference.

You are interested in lines starting with "Path=", that is why the script has a where condition.

The left(p1,p2) function will return the p2 number of characters from the p1 string, this is compared to the fixed string 'Path='.

As you are interested in the path itself the mid(p1,p2) function will give you the part of the string starting at character position p2.

You can read about the functions in the QlikView help file or in the documentation. The documentation file is located in the installation directory, in a standard installation it will be in the folder

c:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation

If you can not follow these descriptions you might need to get some professional help building the app or join a class to get you up and running.

Juerg

Not applicable
Author

You access the information of the read in line through the @1 reference. <div></div>

Yes! Now managed to get something how that script works now. But only thing which I am not able to understand is the above line. I also referred the tutorial but there is not even one example of mid function with @.

Can you please explain little more? So for the trouble.

Not applicable
Author

Rikab

In Book 1, page 309 you find the explanation of the load statement.

You refer to fields by either using a fieldname, the @<fieldnumber> syntax or by specifically extracting characters from specified positions (@<start>:<end>.

As not all of our lines look the same we simply load every line into <Field_1>, which is accessed in the script specifying @1. So @1 contains a whole line of your ini file and this is repeated for every line in the file.

I am running out of words - I can't teach you how to program - start to read books or educate yourself otherwise on the concepts of programming.

Juerg

Not applicable
Author

In Book 1, page 309 you find the explanation of the load statement.
You refer to fields by either using a fieldname, the @<fieldnumber> syntax or by specifically extracting characters from specified positions (@<start>:<end>.
As not all of our lines look the same we simply load every line into <Field_1>, which is accessed in the script specifying @1. So @1 contains a whole line of your ini file and this is repeated for every line in the file.
I am running out of words - I can't teach you how to program - start to read books or educate yourself otherwise on the concepts of programming. <div></div>

Thanks for your help and suggestion I will take this into consideration 😞