Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III

How to find which service is down?

Hi All,

Generally some times any one of the service out of 5 is down and it will up in later automatically.

How to know which service is failed and up.At failure time i am receiving the mail of some tasks failure mail(so it means its the QMS is ok).

Note :Am working on a cluster environment.

QDS,QSC,QMS are in one server

QV servers are in different servers

1. i) Qlikview Distribution Service [QDS] => Responsible for the reload tasks.
  2. ii) Qlikview server => Responsible for Access point Server document
  3. iii) Directory Service Connector => For Authentication
  4. iv) Qlikview Management Services => It gives the all setting for the all services and responsible for QMC(Qlikview Management Console)
7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QMC->Status->Services

Green icon means services are up&running, other indicators mean trouble

ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Peter.I understand that.

But what i want is.Let me explain.

When we are not in office that time any one of the services has down.So our application from QMC is failed.

When we reached office the earlier failed service is up(Showing in green color) and everything working is fine.

My Question is how we know earlier failed service.

I hope understood requirement.

Thanks,

Ajay

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Ajay,

By looking at the logs, you can implement the governance dashboard ( for a simple logs view) that will reload XX amount of times whihc feed from you logs, and from there you can see if a service had some sort of issue, the governance dashboard will display errors or warnings.

Governance Dashboard: http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/qlikview/governance-dashboard

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what you need is an email alert at the Windows level for when any of the QlikView Windows Service are down.  Most IT shops already have some kind of alerting system for its admins that monitor services & systems, I'd suggest to ask your admins what they use.  If not then you can write you own with PowerShell, VB or whatever you prefer.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

event log available windows even

servers log available specially audit log. you could find  which server is down

Sunil Chauhan
ajaykumar1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks all for your valued inputs.i will look into that.

Thanks,

Ajay

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you don't have a network monitor in place, or want to establish one just for QV, I use Servers Alive

Server monitoring tools | Monitoring network software

It's free for small implementations.

-Rob