Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Doc cal users, 1 license, two documents?

Howdy,

I have a DOC Cal user, but it's showing they have TWO documents open. How does this happen?

-David

doc cal two docs.PNG.png

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Does the QMC License assignment overview fit your description, or does it fit the situation?

Not applicable
Author

Howdy Peter, not sure i understand you question.

The highlighted #, '2', user only has one doc cal and one dashboard in her access point.

michael123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

If you check the sheet "Documents and users" does she only have one line there?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I wasn't too clear, sorry.

Check QMC->System->Licenses->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses->General for the current number of allocated DOC Cals, and see if you can find them attached to your documents.

Or use the Qlikview Server CAL Manager to check for Doc CALs that have gone into hiding

If you can't find a sensible explanation, try to restart the QlikView services.

Not applicable
Author

They only have one doc cal assigned on one Qvw...maybe the user opened it on two browsers?

Not applicable
Author

under doc cal's it says "Changes are managed under User Documents"

and under the dashboard she only has one doc cal assigned. Logged under her username...only one Qvw viewable on the accesspoint

Giuseppe_Novello

David,

This typically happen when the open a document and just close the browser, not closing the document property, for that the session stays there for 15 mins, and if the open the document once again prior the 15 mins it will count up the number of document opened.

When user open a document in Ajax, they need to close the document by hitting the "close" button on the to right corner, so the session get kill immediately or you can implement an ajax extension that close it by just closing the browser. Close Document Session

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This typically happens if the user didn't close Qlikview application that he is accessing properly.

Educate your end user to close application from right top close as shown in the image attached.

Or use the attached Extension to kill ajax session automatically.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2853

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ