Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

installation ended because of an error

Helo everyone.

I have QV Server 9.00.7440.8 SR3 64-bits installed an running ok. Now I'm trying to install 'Microsoft IIS support' and after introducing user name and password for the service I get this error: 'Installation ended prematurely because of an error'.

Some help please?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You are saying its IIS installation which is giving you error ?

Can you provide screen shot.

Cheers

Bhushan N

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jose,

If you search the community (click here) you'll see some things that have worked for others to resolve this problem. Hopefully one of them will work for you too.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bhushan.

I mean this error appears when trying to install Qlikview IIS Support (in Qlikview installation).

After this, I take a look on Event Viewer but didn't find aditional information.

Thanks for your answer.

Jose

Not applicable
Author

Helo Vlad.

Before I posted this thread I serched on blogs, forums, google, etc (I always do)... but didn't found nothing about Microsoft IIS Support.

Anyway I'll keep searching, because 'Nobody said it was easy...' (Coldplay - The Scientist)

Thanks.

Jose

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

OK. So if the error is only happening when you introduced IIS support, what OS are you running? Make sure that the World Wide Web Publishing Service and the IIS Admin Service are started. In IIS, make sure that your Default Web Site is started and is not reporting any errors (such as blocking on port 80). If all else fails, do a full uninstall and reinstall. You shouldn't lose any data or settings since the QVPR and all the XML files will remain intact.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I'm running a Windows 2003 Server. WWW is ok, since I have a web site alocated there and working without problems.

Maybe I'll try to make a complete reinstallation.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

I have a client with the same issue. Did a reinstall work?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm having a similar error. Did someone solve the issue?
Thanks