Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niceqlik
Partner - Contributor III

Could not connect to the Qlikview Server message

Hi guys,
We have upgraded one of our QV servers from SR2.7320 to SR3.7440.
After the installation, we lost access to QVS Settings tab and other qvs related tabs.
After a while we enter the Qlikview Server Settings tab in QMC, we receive "Could not connect to the Qlikview Server" message.
We applied a clean reinstall including deleting registry entries and the whole Qlikview directories.
But the result didn't change.
Also, we have lost access to Qlikview Server properties under Setup - > QV Servers in QEMC.
It seems to us Management Service can not contact with Qlikview Server Service.
The service account which is responsible for running QV services is a local admin and a member of Qlikview Administrators group.
We also tried to set a new XML repository by deleting XML rep folders and restarting services to recreate them.
What would be the main reason of not being able to access QV Server properties by using the consoles?
What prevents Management service to access QVS although we have done a clean reinstall?
Any ideas?
error loading image

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

In services.msc try changing your Qlikview Server service from the Pub account to the Local System account and restart the service. I've seen this problem only 1 time before, and it's very hard to reproduce, but this worked to fix it last time.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Check out QEMC --> Services. Are all services running? My guess is that Server service is down (even though it will appear to be running in the Windows services console)...If so, what OS is your server running, and what OS is your Domain Controller running?

Regards,

niceqlik
Author

Hi Vlad,

Yes all services are up and running. We restarted them many times. The OS is Windows 2003 x64.

Actually it was running perfect before upgrade. The machine is not under a specific domain so i think there is nothing to do with DC.

The service account is a local admin on the machine.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

In services.msc try changing your Qlikview Server service from the Pub account to the Local System account and restart the service. I've seen this problem only 1 time before, and it's very hard to reproduce, but this worked to fix it last time.

Regards,

niceqlik
Author

Vlad, it perfectly worked!

Many thanks for the quick and useful hint that you provided.

But do you know what is the reason behind this? Why and in what percpective Local account and a specific account can differ?

Regards,

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure why this happens. I'm working with Qliktech Support to try to pin down the issue, but we haven't found anything concrete yet. My best guess is that it has something to do with a restrictive GPO setting, but I'm not sure which one.

Glad it worked for you!

Not applicable

Thank you for posting this! It helped!