Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calculated field in table box

Hi, I am using a table box and I want to add a calculated filed, Is there any way to do this, with out using chart ?

Thanks in Advance

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Not in a table box as far as I am aware, but why not do this in a straight table?

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

We can't add a calculated Field to the Table Box,but you can do the same in Straight table or Pivot table...

another thing is like u can create a field in the script part itself and use that field for Analysis ,i feel that will survive ur purposes.........

Regards,

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

I am having the same problem, and was approaching it from the scripts angle. But I can't figure out how the script should be written. Any pointers?

Thank you,

Ian

Not applicable
Author

I think I've figured it out, but not sure if it's the right approach.

In the script, I added another row under a table with the two data fields that I wanted to multiply

[Qty Received]*[USD Price]

This created a new box in the fields view. I right clicked on the title of the box, and selected Properties and gave it a Title

"Received Value"

Although this title took in the fields view, when I went to the Table view, the field was still named '[Qty Received]*[USD Price]'

Is there anyway I can name the new field within the new line in the script? I tried using '=[Receipt Value]' both before and after the calculation, but I get an error on the Reload.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ian

Not applicable
Author

The syntax for renaming a field (or calculation) in the load script uses the "as" keyword

[Qty Received]*[USD Price] as "Received Value"

Hope this helps,
Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all.

That last syntax from andy was spot on.