Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exercise for my IT class with qlikview

Hi!!!! I am desperate, I have to do an exercise to all my class with qlikview as I have to present about Dashboards, and first, I haven't found a good database not that big and more or less simple to try to use qlikview. Pleeeeeeease if someone has an exercise and a database that can share with me please, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advanced!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Why not just create something using excel files. Each file can be a table on its own. Make sure one column is a ID column and to link them to each other you have to have one tables ID column placed in the other. I had 5 excel files for my own class project. Just be creative you don't really need a database.

Programmers file

Programmer ID

Defect ID

First Name

Last Name

Defects file

Defect ID

Programmer ID

Description

Priority

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why not just create something using excel files. Each file can be a table on its own. Make sure one column is a ID column and to link them to each other you have to have one tables ID column placed in the other. I had 5 excel files for my own class project. Just be creative you don't really need a database.

Programmers file

Programmer ID

Defect ID

First Name

Last Name

Defects file

Defect ID

Programmer ID

Description

Priority

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alan, Thank you for your help, I also thought about it but the exercise shouldn't be so easy nor so difficult. Anyway I will still trying.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Why don't you use a binaryload from an existing .qvw file (plenty on the demo site or in the default examples folder c:\program files\examples\documents)?

If you're not sure how to do this then go to edit script in your document and click on the QlikView file button, browse for a .qvw file and then simply reload. This will load the complete data model but no layout from that .qvw file.

Capture.PNG.png

Sarah_Miller
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jackeline,

Did you know we have a program called "Qlik Academic Program" in which we will provide you with a free license and resources to use to add QlikView to your curriculum?

If you are interested in learning more, please visit Qlik Academic Program

Please email academicprogram@qlik.com if you have any questions.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Nils!, I also tried that, but everything is fine, I approached the exercise with my class in another direction more analysis!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sarah! I will read all the information about the academic program!