Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janardhan
Creator
Creator

Section Acess

Hi Friends,

I have developed one application with section access and deployed that application into server (Without Publisher).

I have scheduled the extractor and application daily at 12AM. Extractor was running successfully but my application was failing. I saw the logs about failing , In the log file i got a message like : Require UserName and Password. I had given NTNAME and Password what i have specified in the section access part. Again it was throwing an error like Bad UserName and Password.

Can anyone help me , Thanks in Advance

Jana

40 Replies
its_anandrjs

HI,

In place of the Inline tables you can use QVD or Excel file also put user name and password in the single excel and then use that one. Also you can create the QVD of this excel and then use in place of the excel load as QVD load

Ex:-

Load

upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

upper(TEST) as TEST;

LOAD ACCESS,

NTNAME,

TEST

FROM

[USERS.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Section Application;

Regards

Anand

Not applicable

Not applicable

give section acess in reload tab username and password

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Why don't you try debugging the issue a different way to see where the problem is.

1. Can you open the document and reload it using QlikView Desktop?  As you are using Section Access on opening the document you will have a login screen come up asking for a username and password.

2. Entering that username and password correctly will cause the document to open and display data available to that user.  If this happens you know you have section access setup correctly in the document.

3. Try reloading the document from desktop.  if it loads successfully you know that your Section Access is setup and working correctly and your document has access to all the data needed to reload the data into the document.

You now have a viable document for deployment to the server

1. Once this steps are passed.  Enter the username and password you were using in the previous step 1. into Section Access in the Reload part of the scheduler as described above. 

2. Make sure you have Logging set to the highest level e.g. audit logging and enable extensive logging in Setup\ Server\Logging on the QMC and then try to reload your document through the QMC.

3. If it fails go to

c:\programdata\qliktech\distributionservice\1\<todays date>\ and open the relevant document application log file to see where the actual problem is occurring.

Once debugged set your logging back to normal on the server as it eats up space.

Let me know how you get on.

Not applicable

I WANT TO LOAD THE DATA FROM EXCEL BY USING THAT EXCEL MY QVW FILE SHOULD ACESS AT ACESS POINT

EXP:

USERID,PASSWORD

IN EXCEL FILE

AT ACESS POINT:

USERID PASSWORD

SHOULD MATCH

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Access Point grants access to the document and has nothing to do with access to data excel or otherwise contained within the document.  Connections to data sources are set in your load script and any permissions to access that data source are set in the connection string for it.  Please note if you move the document into a folder that Access Point can view you may need to change the location part of your connection to the data source in your load script to reflect this.

Section Access is there to control access to the data once loaded in the source document.  As a rule you setup a user in section access that would have access to see all the data in your document and that is the user you should use to login to the document when you are reloading it either by opening it directly or under a schedule in QMC.

So a User could access your document through Access Point and when clicking on the link to view the document will be presented with a login panel to enter their access details. This will match the username and password you've set in your section access this will in turn tailor your users access to the data.

Not applicable

Hi Andy Weir

Thanks u very much

at acess point my username is xxx\vvvv

password is 00000

see the doc

in this doc u can see 4 sheets i want to load

i had load 4 sheets data in script by using join

i want my userid in this excel to map with username at acess point

plz help me

if want to change in qvmc plz let me know

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think you have 2 different types of authentications.

One to login to Access Point and the other you are trying to control data access within your document. They do not play together in the way you are trying to get them to.

I've tried what you are trying to do and its not possible without custom configuration which you should go to Qlik Support/Consultancy for as lot will depend on the licenses and type of server you have.

The way I have achieved a user being able to access the document and have it prefilter to their data is via logging them into our own portal then having a link or login form which passes their session access details through in the URL when I use Ajaxzfc rather than Access Point and the opendocument cmd.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable

HI Andy Weir

thank u very much

I had achieved that. i am trying that because my control is at excel level only

my md no need to have know the qlikview at all. if he change in excel the credential of any user or acess of the sheets my qvw will reload for every 4hrs it will take effect.

If u need that file i will send u.

Thanks ones again

Regards

sivaram

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

HI Sivaram

If you have found comments useful please mark them appropriately.  So other users can find them.

Regards

Andy