Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakamsureshbabu
Creator
Creator

reloading in server

Hi

i am created one qvw and uploaded in server.But end user find some mistakes like reloading button is not working and list box arrangement also changed.

what is the problem here any beady can explain why this changes will come........  

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Suresh

End users do not have the option of reloading the documents, this should be scheduled with Qlikview Server/Publisher. In theory it is possible to give end users the option of reloading but this is not out of the box and should be used with great care.  In regards to the listboxes these might have been moved on the client side if they have not been locked down in the layout. To make sure the difference is not between the desktop an Ajax client you could always check your document in webview.

Capture.PNG.png

sakamsureshbabu
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks Nils,

can you give me solution for reloading in end user side,

how can i provide reload option at end user side...

Not applicable

I think end user have the doc cal licence and Reload option will be enabled only for name cal user(developer)

Regards

Amol Khochare

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

No, it is not possible to perform a reload from any of the server clients. If this is an absolute must (and I would advise against it) then use the "external event" trigger and set up a task to be triggered on the server or publisher. For further information on this Iwould recommend reading up on EDX tasks. I believe that there is also an extension object that can handle this.

One of the reasons for avoiding this is that you would allow users to initiate reloads directly from the data sources and potentially overload the data sources with query's, this would especially true if you allowed multiple users to to this.