Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QVS problem

Hi,

we have a problem with the QlikView_Server:

Up until this morning, everything was fine. We have an app to track performance of the Server which showed nothing out of the ordinary, no errors, the RAM_allocated at 60GB, but without peaks - it just rose slowly since the last restart as it always does.

Now, everything seems to be frozen: We have a cascade of apps, one triggering the next. The first one was started manually (in the QMC) by my colleague, it ran - according to the log, it finished in the usual time - but the QMC still shows it as running and the next app never triggered.

I have already refreshed the QMC thinking it might be a display problem, but it still doesn't run.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong here? An IT guy restarted the QDS already and is just doing so again now.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What version of QVS is installed at your company? IIRC there was a release that had problems with tasks that were locked in running mode, while the logs showed them to have finished execution. Was a QDS/QMC problem..If I can find the related discussions, I'll post them below.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What version of QVS is installed at your company? IIRC there was a release that had problems with tasks that were locked in running mode, while the logs showed them to have finished execution. Was a QDS/QMC problem..If I can find the related discussions, I'll post them below.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Guess you are right.

I remember that someone told me before that the version we currently have installed was a particularly buggy one - there have been many patch-releases since, but we never install those 😉

Next year, we'll have to have an in-house workshop with our external QlikView_consultant anyway, we'll use that workshop to upgrade to the latest version.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure you want to wait 'til next year? I can imagine that this problem will be getting on your nerves quite rapidly... On average, a service release upgrade takes about 10 minutes to complete, and  recent releases like SR7 or SR9 are pretty reliable.

As promised, a relevant link:

QlikView Server 11 Reload Tasks Hang in Running State

Occurs in QV11SR1 and SR2

Peter

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

There's no question about that, whether I want to or not - it's not me who will decide whether to make that upgrade. It's our IT, and

- since global IT still doesn't support QlikView and

- none of them has training for it and

- QlikView is known to them to be troublesome - no comment on this -

=> they won't do it without a consultant to stand by in case heaven should fall on their heads ... and we won't have a consultant on site till next year.

Best regards,

DataNibbler