Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview WebTicket Issue

Hi,

I am having some issues when implementing Web Ticket. I am using membership database to authenticate user in My Web application. Then I am generating tickets and creating URL to redirect to my qlikview document. I need to know if need to change directory service connector to configurable ODBC to make it work.

Thanks.

48 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

FInally it's working.

I have a new question related to same ODBC configuration. Have you worked on Group Access? How does group table works?

Thanks,

Rakhi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brindlogcool,

If not webticket, how it works? What is the method.

With the webticket, I am able to redirect and able to view/display the report from QV server from java, but I am not able to open the report from the menu(per screenshot).

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can anyone tell how groups table is used? I have created a group table and mapped it in ODBC Configurable section. I have an entry in group table but that doesn't show up in Users tab in QMC. Also, I am not able to search that group in QMC. I can see users i have in entity table but not groups. Please help.

Rakhi

Not applicable
Author

Rakhi,

The Entity table contains the definition of users and groups.

The Groups table only establishes the relationship of users and groups.

The ODBC database has to have two tables, or two views; one for entities and one for groups. Theentity table (the name of which is defined by the Entity Table Database Name setting below) has to contain the following fields:

• entityid (unique identifier, suitable for primary key)
  • name (string) (the name of this field is defined by the Entity Name setting below)
  • descr (string)
  • email (string)

The groups table (the name of which is defined by the Groups Table Database Name setting below) has to contain the following fields, which together create a unique identifier:

• groupid
  • memberid

Example

Groups table

GroupidMemberid

Entity table

EntityidNameDescriptionEmail
101sandra.franklinSandra Franklinsandra.franklin@example.com
102michael.millikenMichael Millikenmichael.milliken@example.com
103lucille.penderLucille Penderlucille.pender@example.com
104dustin.plunkettDustin Plunkettdustin.plunkett@example.com
105benjamin.mitchellBenjamin Mitchellbenjamin.mitchell@example.com
1001usersUsers
1002adminsAdministrators

Pablo.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo ,

Using your URL i am able to generate the ticket but certain things are not clear for me .

1. I use this exact url "http://myservername/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx?cmd=<Global method='GetWebTicket'><UserId>Test\User1</UserId></Global>" and then i am given a ticket , i take that ticket and i make changes to the url as

"http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=meuSmE7aEKeF7SlrnbYkSL6BWGIvG3NQum..."

It gives me the error :

"Access Denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your Account! Please contact your system administrator !

Could you please tell me why and how can can i resolve this issue .

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gagan,

To open the document with webticket, use below format of url, which is working for me perfectly..

"http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?type=html&webticket=meuSmE7aEKeF7SlrnbYkSL6BWGIvG3NQum...

Still if you get above error, that shd be related to licensing issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ramreshpala ,

I am still getting the same error .Does the user need to be added to Admin group in the server ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gagan,

Has the user Test\User1 any license for to access to DirectDiscovery%2fDirectDiscovery__8.qvw ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo ,

Well i don't have the admin access to the server but using the id i am able to manually login and able to see all the reports . So i am guessing that that must mean that i have been given access . Doesn't it ?