Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

selection in chart

if I click on any field in chart… the chart should not filter/shrink on that value instead it should take the values of selected row and show in current selections or in list boxes.

For example if I click on company "A" (5th row), the chart should remain same (like detach) but and in the list boxes/ current selection the values are like

8 Replies
villafuerte
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hello,

If you want an object (for example a Straight Table or a Chart) to stay fixed with all the information you can use Set Analysis, but instead of using {$}, use {1} so that it always selects the whole set.

If you want it fixed but with certain information, you can also specify it in the Set Analysis part.

Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, can you please upload an example....

Not applicable
Author

In my straight table there is expression Sum(Sales) to find out the total sales. instead of that ,if i use Sum({1}(Sales)), all the data will be displayed as such even if you select data on list box. Reason for that is,{ 1} - Represents the full set of all the records in the application

Not applicable
Author

I have attached the example ,I have done ..please try this...

villafuerte
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hello,

I made a simple example for you. It contains a normal table and then the one with Set Analyisis so you can check the differences.

I hope it helps !

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much... Villafuerte & naive123 for your examples, its working fine but its not completely solves my problem, also looking for

1. If I click on ASK Price, True Cost,..... etc...(in my example) its working good, but when I click on status or country or company (dimensions) its not.. as I showed in my example if I click on Company : - "A" in 5th row then the filters (list boxes) should show only Active & Chile not all Hold-qty or cube...as I clicked "A" from country Chile and status is Active.. (marked in red in my example).
  2. I should be able to filter the chart from list boxes.
  3. also I have filter on numeric columns in my chart where I can filter on range ex: - >=5 <=10..

Thanks in Advance

Not applicable
Author

Can you please post the application? so we will better understand your requirements......................

villafuerte
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

I hope we can help you with your problem, but can you make a dummy file so we can understand it better please?

Cheers