Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbecher
MVP
MVP

KML Mapping with opacity

Hi,

I'm playing around with KML mapping in Sense. Is there a way to have opacity / transparency of the polygones like in selection mode all the time?

SenseMapping.PNG.png

Also, another issue is the we cannot name the expression (see on legend)..

The next question then is how to format or fill the popup with something useful..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

For #1, I don't believe so. The Map object does not currently support coloring 'by expression' (just dimension, measure, single color) which is what is probably needed. This is available on other chart types, just not a map . Refer to 'visualizations that support color by expression' at : 

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/WorkingWith/Content/Colors/ColorByExpression....

For #2  , i tried a variable and/or measure and could not control a measure friendly name for the legend. In the end i disabled the legend title and went with a chart 'subtitle' see below on a left side legend to approximate this. Not perfect but might be acceptable.

Capture.PNG.png

For #3, i could not get this to work with an Area (KML) map.  Just a point map as follows

1.jpg

2.PNG.png

Lastly, you may have already seen this but there are some nifty KML options available through the new 'geographical functions'.  I didn't see these until a colleague pointed them out so i'd thought i'd do the same.  There don't resolve the above questions but still enhance what you can do with KML in Qlik Sense out of box.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/WorkingWith/Content/Scripting/GeographicalFun...

rbecher
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your hints. I still wonder if we can tweak around it a bit. The opacity is already there but only in selection mode..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Perhaps in the back end somehow. The 'color by expression' would be very helpful to display a 2nd measure on the map. Its been asked for a few times now. Hopefully we add support in the not too distant future.

So... if you find a technique be sure to share because it would be helpful

krameralexander
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I wonder how it is possible to change the colors by measurements. I don't want an orange colorrange for my measures - I want to decide the color range by myself. How this is possible?

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Sorry Alexander not possible at the moment