Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

error 500 - cannot establish connection

Untitled.png

hi!

I am really having a hard time with this error 500 internal server error. services are all started and yet it is not yet working.

Regards,

Mae

11 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

First step would be to check the various logs in the folders under c:\programdata\qlik\Sense\Log .  ProgramData is a hidden folder by default in windows so you'll need to 'show hidden folders/files' in your windows explorer option.

Also .... does this current condition occur after your first attempt to install Qlik Sense Server on this machine ? Or have you tried repeatedly to run the installer ? Or have you ever had a previous install of qlik sense on this machine ?

Not applicable
Author

thank you sir jonathan for that.

after showing up the c:\programdata\qlik\Sense\Log? what's next?

no sir. Ive already 3 VM for this and is still same prompt message is appearing.

regards,

mae

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Zip up the log folder and add to the post. We'll open up the logs and look for telling errors, ports blocked etc...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you sir!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The errors seem to say that there is an issue with the repository service or repository itself. Other services can't reach the repository service on 4242 and the repository service logs cite certificate errors.

When i asked about the number of install attempts you have made on the machine, i wasn't clear if you've tried to install 3 times on this machine, or on other machines ?

If its the 3rd time on this machine than i suggest uninstalling and doing some mandatory cleanup.

1. Uninstall

2. Ensure all services are gone

3. Delete the entire c:\programdata\qlik\sense  directory

4. Delete the three certificates that qlik sense leaves behind. Here are the steps

1. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  2. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  3. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  4. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  5. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.

5. If you manage to do all of the above correctly then try the install again as an administrator.  If for some reason it fails, send the logs in right away.

Also attached are system requirements

Not applicable
Author

here's the latest log files.

Not applicable
Author

1. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  3. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  4. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  5. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.

i deleted the certificates already. when i tried to do the process does it really make the certificates again automatically?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I'm not clear if you followed my steps above and/or if you tried to redelete the certificates... can you confirm the steps you have taken ?

The error remains the same in the log.... during the install it asks for a 'server name'.  Its a name used to form the certificates, but the default value can be odd and i would recommend using the unqualified machine name of the server.   What name did you use at this step of the install and what is actual unqualified name of the server ?

Not applicable
Author

1. Uninstall

2. Ensure all services are gone

3. Delete the entire c:\programdata\qlik\sense  directory

4. Delete the three certificates that qlik sense leaves behind. Here are the steps

---- i followed the steps you gave.

server name? is it the host name?