Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Internal Server Error "SPNativeRequestModule" not found after installing Qlik Sense Server

I installed Qlik Sense Server on a machine which has Windows Server 2012 as OS and i get the following error when i try to go to qmc:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

Module "SPNativeRequestModule" could not be found

So i cannot configure my Sense Server.

I have tried switching IIS off completely.

Any ideas why is this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It seemed that there were previous proxy settings enabled in browsers, removing them solved the case.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Joonas - a 500 error usually indicates some sort of permission related issue.

• Did you install with an administrative account that has local admin rights?
  • Are the services started with the system account or dedicated account you created for the install and services?

Also - you can check this location for the log files - you can zip them up and attach to this discussion. That may help us understand what is going on: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log

Programdata is a hidden folder - so make sure you have the appropriate view settings in order to see that folder and related subfolder / files.

Have you see these videos and Guides that can help you:

Please let us know and we'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Joonas,

Do you have Sharepoint installed on the very same machine? The above error indicates that you do. See if you can stop services related to Sharepoint to see if that will sort out the problem.

Best

Bjorn

Not applicable
Author

Sense was installed using local administrator rights.

All the Qlik Sense services are running with local administrator rights.

See attached log files

Not applicable
Author

I cannot find any previous sharepoint installation, but maybe im looking the wrong way (i look in the installed programs and services).

Maybe you have some quidelines for finding and disabling sharepoint installation?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Joonas,

Sorry to say that it's been a while since I worked with Sharepoint, but when I searched on SPNativeRequestModule I found this, The art of simplicity: Sharepoint error: The Module DLL 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Sha...

As you get an error 500 response, stating Module "SPNativeRequestModule", could it be that there's been any Sharepoint related stuff previously installed on the server? What result do you get if you run the command stated in the blogpost above, appcmd.exe list config  /section:globalmodules ?

Also, you wrote that you tried turning IIS completely off. Does it mean that you ran IISRESET /Stop, to stop all IIS processes?

Not applicable
Author

<system.webServer>

<globalModules>

<add name="UriCacheModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\cachuri.dll" />

<add name="FileCacheModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\cachfile.dll" />

<add name="TokenCacheModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\cachtokn.dll" />

<add name="HttpCacheModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\cachhttp.dll" />

<add name="StaticCompressionModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\compstat.dll" />

<add name="DefaultDocumentModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\defdoc.dll" />

<add name="DirectoryListingModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\dirlist.dll" />

<add name="ProtocolSupportModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\protsup.dll" />

<add name="StaticFileModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\static.dll" />

<add name="AnonymousAuthenticationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\authanon.dll" />

<add name="CertificateMappingAuthenticationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\authcert.dll" />

<add name="BasicAuthenticationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\authbas.dll" />

<add name="DigestAuthenticationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\authmd5.dll" />

<add name="RequestFilteringModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\modrqflt.dll" />

<add name="CustomErrorModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\custerr.dll" />

<add name="HttpLoggingModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\loghttp.dll" />

<add name="ServerSideIncludeModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\iis_ssi.dll" />

<add name="UrlAuthorizationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\urlauthz.dll" />

<add name="WindowsAuthenticationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\authsspi.dll" />

<add name="IISCertificateMappingAuthenticationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\authmap.dll" />

<add name="IpRestrictionModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\iprestr.dll" />

<add name="DynamicIpRestrictionModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\diprestr.dll" />

<add name="IsapiModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\isapi.dll" />

<add name="IsapiFilterModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\filter.dll" />

<add name="ManagedEngine64" image="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\webengine.dll" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" />

<add name="ManagedEngine" image="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\webengine.dll" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" />

<add name="ManagedEngineV4.0_32bit" image="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\webengine4.dll" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />

<add name="ApplicationInitializationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\warmup.dll" />

<add name="ConfigurationValidationModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\validcfg.dll" />

<add name="WebSocketModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\iiswsock.dll" />

<add name="ManagedEngineV4.0_64bit" image="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\webengine4.dll" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness64" />

</globalModules>

</system.webServer>

There seems no Sharepoint-related dll:s.

I turned the IIS sites off in IIS control panel.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

In that case, what happens if you do an IISRESET /stop in a CMD prompt, to make sure IIS services are actually stopped? Then restart Qlik Sense services. Attached logs indicates that you still have another process bound to port 443 (See <Server>_System_Proxy.txt log).

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you raise a ticket with our support, for a faster resolution to your problem. Support is more than happy to assist you, making sure you get up and running with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

It seemed that there were previous proxy settings enabled in browsers, removing them solved the case.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Great to hear that you found a solution, Joonas. And thanks for providing the resolution to the forum, which may help others with similar issues.