Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoWedel

community site / error message when saving post

Hi,

anybody else experiencing this error message when saving posts lately?

QlikCommunity_ErrorMessageSavingPosts_Pic1.JPG.jpg

thanks

regards

Marco

31 Replies
MarcoWedel
Author

test post using firefox

MarcoWedel
Author

same issue with firefox.

Logging out and in again on another tab solves the issue for just the next post, like in chrome.

Very annoying ...

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are looking into this situation, we have opened a ticket. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Very sorry about the inconvenience- very annoying! None of the browsers should be causing this problem. Even though Chrome, FireFox and Safari are best with the environment- this shouldn't be an IE issue. I may need to contact people individually for details and will follow up on this thread once this is resolved.

MarcoWedel
Author

Seems to work better today.

Anything changed?

regards

Marco

MarcoWedel
Author

just got the error again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Peter,

The platform for QlikCommunity is optimized for Chrome, Firefox and Safari. MS products actually throw some extra code which can sometimes cause a slow down with the text editor. I know its on their roadmap and is hopefully addressed with the next version of the platform. I usually 'cleanse content' via a text editor tool to strip out extra MS code when using anything from Excel or Word. With that said its not the best user experience.

The time out error is being investigated. Can you tell me exactly what forum you were posting to and what the document type/size you were attempting to attach was?

All extra details help us expedite the issue resolution.

Best Regards, Sara

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Sara,

my experiences have nothing to do with attachments or MS-Office documents. I only used the in-page default editor (not even the advanced editor) to discover that after the initial succesful post, Qlik Community refuses to accept any further posts in the same or any other dicussion in any forum. The message is identical to the screenshot that Marco posted.

I was using Chrome until then. After being fed up, I switched to IE11, but that one is very slow in loading pages, updating Javascript items (like the list of messages in a forum, or the number of new Inbox items at the top), saving posts etc. Marco is right about problems not being limited to Chrome, because a while after posting my last response, I discovered that IE has the same issue. The lazy nature of IE probably gave me enough of a delay to not immediately experience the same red banner.

Back to the second problem: when switching from Chrome to IE, I initially tried to copy-paste my post from the Chrome editor to IE, or from notepad to IE. But each time I press Ctrl-V in the basic in-page editor, the editor locks up, not reacting to any keypress anymore. Nothing to be done about that, I cannot paste the content of the clipboard. In the screenshot below, the I-beam is placed in the top left corner of the editor pane and no text can be entered after I pressed Ctrl-V. This is still the case right now.

InpageEditorLockupInIE11.jpg

Even worse, as I am typing this reply, I cleared the multiple saved copies of earlier posts by pressing the corresponding buttons. I now get a continuous sequence of red banners notifying me that content could not be saved. Switching to the advanced editor kept the text and did away with the banners. I'm curious as to whether I will be able to save my reply immediately...

Peter.

Not applicable

How are you all doing lately? In addition to Sara's questions above, are you still experiencing the "Content could not be saved" errors?

Thanks,

Carlos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happening to me as well. and it is right pain in the ...........

I usually use Chrome.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI Carlos

Happened with me as well.

Even today while replying to this post I encounter the same issue.

Regards

ASHFAQ