Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Excluding dimension over expressions

Hi,

If any one can help

I have a combo chart with two dimension ( Time and an another one ) and two expressions

the second expression should only be related to the time dimension but not to the second one

I don't know if i'm clear or not !

Thanks,

D.Sadki

16 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

See attached, I removed the dimension and copied the expression for the different types.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i understand your requirement right, the attached document should work. See second chart in Sheet1.

djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I have already tried this solution , the fact is i have Potentially  3 to 8 kpi and i can not create 8 Expression One For Each of my dimension values and i will have two more dimensions witch are used with conditional visiblity

3 dimension and maybe 8 expressions max, so 24 expression

difficult to maintain

mybe impossible

thanks,

D.Sadki

Anonymous
Not applicable

aah....i understand.

when i have a large number of expressions that i think will be difficult to maintain, i put them in an excel spreadsheet and read them into my app...may be worth a try in your case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

may be this is an alternative...see Sheet1 in attachment. now, there are two options -

1. have 8 expressions in each of the two charts. - easiest to implement and shouldn't be too hard to maintain.

2. create a table with expression name and the actual expression in excel and read it in. then have a list box for expression name and you can update the two charts to display one expression at a time. easier to maintain.

edit: upon additional thought, i think option 1 is better as option to will need you to get a little creative.

djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

ok, i know this method

i will combine this with a script to create each expression

the expressions are similar sum({<kpi={'x'}>}Id), the difficulty reside in the creation of those expressions !

i will have different customers and i'll not create an excel document for each one of them...

maybe with a macro, create each expression and the conditions linked to them

or more simple two graphics, but i need to explain that to my customer

thanks,

D.Sadki

Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree...i find that explaining/educating a customer helps out quite a bit as he may not have thought of this approach. good luck.