Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension to create Map Offline

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an extension to create maps. Please, notice that my QV server doesn't have access to the internet.

I have had a look at GoogleMap Cluster but it seems like I do need an internet access cause I've tried it on my personnal computer with personnal edition, the webview is fine when I am logged to the internet but doesn't work anymore when I am offline.

I also had a look at QlikMap QlikView Qlik Map, but well, the demo on the website (Launch demo) doesn't work.. (perhaps it comes from my computer ?)

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joaquin, but there is no internet access on my QV server and :

"An SVG image is basically an XML document which contains data telling the internet browser how to draw an image.  "

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You need to get the lat/lon bounding box of your country (France:GeoPlanet Explorer) then set the coordinates in JTileDownloader and start downloading each zoom level (in this case it's prepared for Germany bounding box):

JTileDownloader.png

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

This works locally...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Ooops,indeed ! Sorry

How does it work with SVG ? Your example works fine but I cannot see how it works. Are the maps integrate in the extension or do I have to find myself the maps I need ?

I must have some fields in my dataset to "join" the map like region ? How precise can I be with an SVG ? Can I join on city ?

Can I use longitute and latitude to draw a point ? Or can we only draw region ?

I cannot find any documentation about svg..

Thank you again Ralf

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Laura,

The Google Maps Cluster extension does not require a internet connection on the server.

As long as the clients are connected to the internet it should work.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Alexander,

Good point of discussion.

It´s true to say in general, an extension using some web API like maps doesn´t require an internet connection in the qlikview server, just only in the clients ?

Best Regards,

pablolabbe

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Yes, 9/10 times the server does not require a internet connection.

Extensions are built using javascript which is executed in the clients browsers so any references to external content would be fetched by the browser and not the server itself.

For example, if you use Qva.LoadScript() to load a library from the web the extension would simply instruct the browser to go fetch that library and the qlikview server can stay isolated from the web.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

And the other 1/10 case ?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Ha, I tried but could not come up with a good use case for the 1/10 but playing it safe

I guess if you have a extension which talks with a custom component on the server that in turn talks with a web resource your server would need internet access.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank's Alexander.