Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disable Task Log

Hi Expert,

I have created a task schedule which reload is continuous. I then checked the distribution service directory and found that the cluster log file growing tremendously. Basically, I don't need to keep the log. How could I disable the logging or configure the logging in overwrite mode.

Thanks

Cat

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "cluster log file".

Does it help if you set QMC->System->Distribution Service->General->Settings for QDS->Logging Level to "No Logging"?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Sorry.

My question is

I checked the task log in QMC and found that the task history is appended for every reload. So I went to windows directory ..\\QlikTech\DistributionService\TaskLogIndex\ to check the task log xml files.

by the way, in QMC I don't find there is Distribution Service under System. Is it because I don't have Publisher installed.

Cat

Not applicable
Author

Sorry.

My question is

I checked the task log in QMC and found that the task history is appended for every reload. So I went to windows directory ..\\QlikTech\DistributionService\TaskLogIndex\ to check the task log xml files.

by the way, in QMC I don't find there is Distribution Service under System. Is it because I don't have Publisher installed.

Cat

Not applicable
Author

I will try to explain this without getting to technical

Each record is in the TaskLogIndex files is related to one TaskLog.txt file (located in \QlikTech\DistributionService\[NodeId]\Log\[Date]\[Timestamp] - [TaskName]).

Once every day there will be a purge of TaskLogIndex, removing any record which does not have a matching TaskLog.txt file.

Purge of the TaskLog.txt files is also run once every day. There is a config setting called "NbrOfDaysToKeepQDSLogs" which controls when the log files will be removed. Default value is 30 days.

The config file is located at [InstallationFolder]\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config.

Sample from the installed config file to show you what to look for:

<!-- The number of days to keep QDS logs -->
    <add key="NbrOfDaysToKeepQDSLogs" value="30" />