Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display sub-total without change Table total in pivot table?

Hi,

I created pivot table in qlik view , i took  2 Dimensions,1 .country ,2.city dimensions, after wrote  expressions like this 1.sum( sales)

2.sum(sales) / sum( Total sales) 3.sum(sales)/sum(total<Country>sales) ater I displayed pivot table with sub-totals  but But in my pivot table when I selected city name  in List box the Pivot table show city sub-total value at the same time change the povot table total value.I do not want change pivot table total value. I want to display like this i.e 1.If I select one city name in List box  the pivot show city sub-total at the same not change the Pivot table total  value.ple tell me out how to display sub total at the same time not change Pivot Total value.

Example:

List box

City
Banglore
sanfrancisco
London
Pivot table
CountryCitySales
AmericaSan francisco30000
sub-total30000
UkLondon40000
sub-Total40000
IndiaBanglore50000
Sub-Total 50000
Total120000

if i select city Banglore in List box the pivot table shows like this  

CountryCitySales
IndiaBanglore50000
sub-total50000
Total50000

I do not want to display the pivot table    Like  above table.

I want to Display Pivot table like this .If i select City banglore the pivot table show sub total(Sales:50000) and does not    change     the total(Sales:120000) value.                                    

CountryCitySales
IndiaBanglore50000
sub-total50000
Total120000

ple tell me out How to display like above table .

thank you,

Regards;

Madhu

3 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

select subtotals in the label presentation, selecting element and selecting subtotals

p03.png

Not applicable
Author

I do not understand can you explain with small example Enrique.

Thank you,

regards,

madhu

greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, Madhu.  You can use set analysis to configure an expression to ignore selections.

In this example, Sum({<[Country]=, [City]=>} Total Sales)  will create a "Total Sales" field that ignores all selections in the City and Country dimensions.

QVW attached.  Cheers!