Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

conditional to hide bars in bar chart?

Hello all,

I have a question regarding hiding specific bars in a bar chart. I was wondering if there is a conditional statement I could write out that would hide specific bars in a chart that I have.Capture.PNG.png

on this chart there are several dimension values that have no corresponding data. I have checked off supress null values in the properties of the chart and the dimension values are still shown.

I was wondering if there was any possible conditional statement (either for dimension or expression) that would enable me to target the specific data and hide it from the graph.

additionally, if anyone can think of another solution without using a conditional, (using variable ect.) I would love to hear it.

Thanks, Mike

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Even I want the solution to the above problem.Please anyone help me.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

to the best of my knowledge you can't hide those columns

as this is a secondary dimension , if you a have a value in one of the rows

qlikview need to create the dimension for all value in the main dimension

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

if you uncheck the Show Legend in the dimension tab; would this solve your problem?

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable
Author

Maybe use conditional layout on the Expressions tab. For example: if(YourExpression=0,0,1)

Try it, and let us know whether it worked or not!

Br,

T

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi conditional  for expression is evaluating the condition for the total data in the

qlikview document ,

and the result is Boolean either show the expression in all dimension values or not

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Liron for the explanation!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ali,

The problem wont be solved by unchecking the Show Legends. Any other solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tibor,

I need to hide the rows of the dimension not of the expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It worked when I used (dim1&'-'&dim2), instead of using dim1 and dim2 separately.