Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Distribution service

Hi,

Recently we are having a problem with the distribution service. It stopped running.

Is there a log file to tell me why it stopped working?

Kind regards

Michael

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I do love the generic IT restart solution

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Could be.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

I would check the document log to see if it shows an error on the reload. Also, how many processors does your machine have and how many  are allotted for the QVB process?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I think the reload failed because there was't enough memory available.

We have 2 processors. There is no particulary configuration on the server to allow process to QV

Not applicable
Author

I would suggest you look in Windows Event Log, to get the exact timestamp when the service stopped. Also you might find the answer in here by looking at events/error leading up to that timestamp.

Next step is to look in the Distribution Service log folder (the path Peter earlier pointed out - make sure to check any file with the date when the service stopped.). Try to analyze the logged information leading up to the timestamp.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

I think according to the information that you have given, you are having a resource issue on the machine. If two processors the max reloads at the same time would be two, but if QVS is running on the machine this will cause issues.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.