Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Very urgent problem - load 11 lists where one field might be missing in 1?

`Hi,

I have a rather urgent problem: My colleague is not there and I actually have to do something else.

The issue is this:

- There are 11 lists on the server (Excel lists) which are usually equal in structure

- Those are currently loaded in a loop, so that we see which list we have an issue with in case we do.

- Just that is the case now: In one of those 11 lists, one field is just missing.

I have already developed a code to dynamically construct the fieldnames in case they vary - which they do from time to time - but I have no idea how to catch that possibility - that one field is present in 10 of the 11 lists, but not in the last one.

For now, it would perhaps be easier to just insert one field - which I cannot do, I have no RW access - but there has to be a possible long-term solution for this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

10 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Great!

Many thanks!

Of course, it would be much easier - and moreover logical - to go toward the source (that is, the person inputting those lists in the first place which must be the person omitting fields if that is the case) - but I guess our chances of achieving any effect in that way are slim, knowing our customer's company ...

I'll try that.