Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document structure for Qlikview publisher installation ?

We are a new installation of 11.20 Server Publisher. Topology is that there are three servers for qvw development, qvw production and one for publisher. Publisher is allowed as a separate server (Server Publisher training August 2013 11.2, pg. 13), and that is what my company is doing. But in the actual Server Publisher training labs, Publisher is only loaded and licensed on the same box as Server, after Server is already installed.

For a requirement or best practice, what directory structure can be/should be on Publisher for source and user documents? Does publisher point to either development or production , or should it mirror development or production, or a different way ? Any docs on this  ?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this blog post gives you ideas: http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/

There's also the QlikView Deployment Framework

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Colin-Albert

Have a look at PACKT Publishing's book on QlikView Server Publisher which will give you plenty of information on setting up and managing a server / Publisher system.  The book is on offer until Jan 6th at $5.00.

packt_server.JPG

(I have no commercial links to Packt, I have bought the book myself and recommend it)