Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AccessPoint "Message: No Server"

When using a browser to access AccessPoint (http://[hostname]/qlikview/index.htm), we receive a red banner "Message: No Server".  This message shows up when connecting to AccessPoint via the browser remotely or on the local server. 

All servies are running according to QVMC and Windows Services. 

We can connect to the QVS via the desktop QV client. 

We are using IIS for the webserver. 

The QV service account is in the QV and Local Admin groups.

QVS version 11.0.11154.0

I am fairly certain it is something really simple but after a number or reinstalls I am out of ideas.  Any help at all would be aprpeciated.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

For those working on a similar issue as Karthikeyan:

I was able to do this with the group IIS_IUSRS.  After adding the account to the group and verifying the account was set as the ApplicationIdentityPool, I was able to load the Access Point.  Funny story though, I was using my personal account for the fix and it changed my permissions, kicked me out of the machine and didn't allow me to log back in until I reset my login permissions.  How rude!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

We have similar error now and we are facing it so frequently these days.

I could see that we have IIS running on both Default and service account.

IIS.PNG

it s Windows server 2008 R2. could you please help me in fixing it, do i need to check anything else.

sometimes i feel like re running the QlikView server services fixes it but again the same issue.

Thanks

Manish Madan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Has it ever worked? Have you checked the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml file to make sure the server information there is correct? If the webserver is not on the same machine, is port 4747 open between the machines.

<AddQvs>

<Machine>lab112</Machine>

<Port>4747</Port>

<LinkMachineName>lab112</LinkMachineName>

<Weight>1</Weight>

<Username />

<Password>Encrypted=DxdCGMWfOwU=</Password>

</AddQvs>

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it was working and it worked after restarting the Qlikview server services but next day again the same issue.

i have checked the config.xml file, i could see the correct Server name and port number.

Thanks

Manish Madan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill, that worked!

My Servcie was reported to work fine in QMC, but the message No Server kept appearing. Ensuring the name of the QlikViewServer (and not the WebServer) was specified in the WebServer config file made it work!!

Thanks,

Jerome

<AddQvs>

<Machine>QlikViewServerName</Machine>

<Port>4747</Port>

<LinkMachineName>QlikViewServerName</LinkMachineName>

<Weight>1</Weight>

<Username />

<Password>Encrypted=DxdCGMWfOwU=</Password>

</AddQvs>

gregortvw
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

are you using SSL for the communication between the services?

try to check all the settings.ini's and configs. I had the same problem and fixed it by correcting the web.config in %installPath%\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\

Also try posting the QV-/System Logs in this thread

Kind Regars,

Gregor

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

In case you have installed Windows Server 2012, the No Server issue is resolved by installing the IIS Manager.

dlogsdon
Employee
Employee

I had this same issue. The red banner tells you that the Application Pool is running in IIS, However, you might want to try and add the service account under the "Identity" in the advanced settings on the "QlikView IIS" pool as such "domain\serviceaccount". I hope this helps.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I got the below error and I fix it opening the port UDP 389 on firewall.

below the webserver log with the error:

20180919T143318.758+0200 Information Load Settings from: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml

20180919T143318.820+0200 Error System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Authentication Failed ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Open() ||    at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer..ctor(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Hostname, Int32 i_Port, Mode i_Mode, Boolean i_Https) ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikviewServerSetting.Connect() ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikviewServerSetting.Try(Func`2 f, Func`1 fail, Boolean APLoadBal, Boolean useCache) ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikviewServerSetting.Ping() ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1() ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask) ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object ) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally) ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally) ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body) ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikViewServerStatus.PingThread() || ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Authentication Failed ||    at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Open() ||    at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer..ctor(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Hostname, Int32 i_Port, Mode i_Mode, Boolean i_Https) ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikviewServerSetting.Connect() ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikviewServerSetting.Try(Func`2 f, Func`1 fail, Boolean APLoadBal, Boolean useCache) ||    at QlikView.AccessPoint.QlikviewServerSetting.Ping() ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1() ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask) ||    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object )<---

I hope it can help.