Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exploding memory usage AFTER reload

Hi,

I have a relatively simple qvw I've been developing. I developed a few applications previously, and haven't encountered this issue before.

I'm using 64-bit, 11.2 SR9 Desktop.

I reload my file, and this successfully completes. After manual reload, Windows Task Manager shows QV memory usage sitting at around 700MB. However, after I click 'Close' on the reload dialog, memory usage climbs to approx 5GB (99% Physical Memory) and just sits there. I have to reset my dev machine.

The internal model is simple, no synthetic keys or circular references, and only consists of a few tables:

qvw model.jpg

In terms of rows (this is the reload dialog after a successful reload before I hit 'close'):

qvw dialog.jpg

Press 'Close' and boom. Within seconds my system is un-usable.

Anyone else come across this?

Thanks,

Rory.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I was being a numpty. Turns out it was a chart issue in my application that was causing the issue when it was refreshing immediately after the closure of the load. Put a calculation condition against the chart and everything was fine.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Rory.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Does your document contain any chart objects or table boxes?

Does the same happen if you create a new document using the same load script?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Your problem could be the total of rows in tables. When you open Qlikview, all objects are calculatet and data are accessed. When you have a fact table, it works fine, but in your case, you have multiple facts tables doing your issue.

I recomend the simple test:

- Reduce the total or rows in tables: product, city, cfrooms, headers;

- Put the maximum of data in rqrooms fact table;

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My guess is that you have inadvertently introduced a large synthetic key and are not seeing it because you have to crash the program. Try doing a limited load of 1 row and take a look at the data model.

-Rob

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I believe Rob is correct. I didn't read the issue about machine crash.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
MarcoWedel

Are there any complex expressions involved in chart objects?

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I was being a numpty. Turns out it was a chart issue in my application that was causing the issue when it was refreshing immediately after the closure of the load. Put a calculation condition against the chart and everything was fine.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Rory.