Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sum function not working on nested if statements

hello all,

i have a nested if statement that works properly. i need to sum the result so that i can get the sum to show when i swich to pivot table view.

if

((AddMonths((date(today())),-v_mlai)>date(max({$<m=,q=,y=,day=>}[sale date])))
,sum({$<m=,q=,y=,day=>}[[items in inventory])

,if(IsNull([sale date])
,if((AddMonths((date(today())),-v_mlai)>date(Max({$<m=,q=,y=,day=>}[inventory date])))
,sum({$<m=,q=,y=,day=>}[items in inventory])
,0)
,0)
)

i have tried puting the entire statement in a sum() function but that dosnt work (i get ' -'  value in all the cells). i also tried reconstracting the statement in severl different ways removing the set analysis and removing the sum() statements that are in the if() statments but i cant get it to wrok.

can someone pls tell me why dosnt puting the entire statement in a sum() function work?

also if you have any sugastions on how to reconstract the statment so that i get to sum to show on a pivot table, they will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

jonathan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

You cannot directly use one aggregate function inside another aggregate function

You can try like Sum(Aggr(Your_expr,Dim1,Dim2..))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

You cannot directly use one aggregate function inside another aggregate function

You can try like Sum(Aggr(Your_expr,Dim1,Dim2..))

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

provide sample data please

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the help. i removed both the sum() and max() functions  and put the entire statement in a sum() function (moving the set analysis to the outer sum function only) and it works.

thanks again