Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

EPIC In HealthCare

Hello All,

Marry Christmas!!

I want to know about EPIC EMR. How can we integrate EPIC EMP records in our dashboard.

Do we need to purchase some API or connector from EPIC to do so. Please provide a basic structure details we need to incorporate in our Qlik application to enable user to access EPIC EMP records and details in the dashboard.

Thanks,

Sujeet

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sujeet,

QlikView works with Epic on many levels and there is nothing additional that you need to purchase.

• You can pull in data from Clarity, from the Cogito Data Warehouse, from Chronicles, and through web services. Often organizations will combine data from these sources and external sources to get the whole picture. Ex. Want to get more details from an app built on the CDW? Pull data from Clarity and have a hybrid application.
  • You can display QlikView within Hyperspace through shared home workspaces or through Radar.
    • You can link out to QlikView Access Point
    • You can link out to individual applications
    • You can natively display QlikView visualizations (objects, full sheets, or full apps) directly in Radar. All HTML5 based and no plugins or viewers needed. Works with Citrix.
  • When QlikView is displayed within Hyperspace, you can have actionable links that do things like open up a patient's chart from their MRN or launch Account Review from a HAR. Many activities within Epic are available to be launched from your QlikView analysis. This to me is key - it takes your discoveries to new levels by letting you immediately act on the results.

Lots of possibilities and many organizations with Epic and QlikView are launching projects with these capabilities in place.

If you'd like to see a demo, please reach out and I'd be glad to provide you with more details.

Thanks!

Joe Warbington

Qlik Healthcare Solutions Architect

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

Inviting the expert and solution architect of QLIK and EPIC partnership.

jeffwu125 jeffwulf

johnmart61

joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sujeet,

QlikView works with Epic on many levels and there is nothing additional that you need to purchase.

• You can pull in data from Clarity, from the Cogito Data Warehouse, from Chronicles, and through web services. Often organizations will combine data from these sources and external sources to get the whole picture. Ex. Want to get more details from an app built on the CDW? Pull data from Clarity and have a hybrid application.
  • You can display QlikView within Hyperspace through shared home workspaces or through Radar.
    • You can link out to QlikView Access Point
    • You can link out to individual applications
    • You can natively display QlikView visualizations (objects, full sheets, or full apps) directly in Radar. All HTML5 based and no plugins or viewers needed. Works with Citrix.
  • When QlikView is displayed within Hyperspace, you can have actionable links that do things like open up a patient's chart from their MRN or launch Account Review from a HAR. Many activities within Epic are available to be launched from your QlikView analysis. This to me is key - it takes your discoveries to new levels by letting you immediately act on the results.

Lots of possibilities and many organizations with Epic and QlikView are launching projects with these capabilities in place.

If you'd like to see a demo, please reach out and I'd be glad to provide you with more details.

Thanks!

Joe Warbington

Qlik Healthcare Solutions Architect

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks for this awesome explaining  JOE!!!

How i can connect to Clarity? Do i need to purchase some account from EPIC?

How to embed the hyperlink in an existing application?

Let there be a Clinical dashboard and now i want to browse the EPIC EMP details based on the MRN or PatientID.

Then what hyperlink i need to quote in my application?

It will be very helpful if you can post a sample application just to explain "How to implement actionable links that do things like open up a patient's chart from their MRN or launch Account Review from a HAR "

joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Access to Clarity is typically through ODBC/OLEDB. If your organization has Epic, you have Clarity.

If you would like to explore how the apps are integrated and how the links are created, I can walk you through that provided you can bring in someone that has Epic Radar Administrator security in a test or POC environment.

You can contact me here for a demo and to set this up in your environment: joe.warbington@qlik.com

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

That is really helpful JOE!!

Can i get a qvw sample application with some hyperlink actions implemented in it.

I will mail you for more assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

‌get with your epic Ts. Ask the for the embedded url string that auto logs you on and goes directly to the patients chart

Put  this url behind a mrn as a hyperlink.

THen put link to db in hyperspace.

DRill down to mrn and click patient chart will load

thx

jeff

srajqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Joe,

I am very interested in Epic and Qlik integration.  We currently have enterprise version of Qlik and Epic with us.  We are a network of 45 hospitals.  Could you please contact me to discuss this topic in detail.

Thanks,

sraj@primehealthcare.com