Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Which SR should I upgrade too? currently on SR3

Hi,

I was looking to upgrade our QV server and  desktop installs to the latest version, but have come across an issue.

We installed SR9 desktop on a development machine. but found existing apps (even with minimal data) would crash when we tried to do things like 'add text in charts'.  I then downgraded that machine to SR8, but since found reports on here with a major bug in the calendar object.

Which version seems to be the most stable?  We are looking to add Direct Discovery functionality, but I don't want to jeopardize our production server or development desktops.

If you have had no issues with a later version then it would be good to hear which one.

Thanks

Michael

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I would play it safe and liaise with your partner/support to help with your upgrade and to recommend based on your findings which version to go with.

Saying that I am using SR7 at the moment which seems quite stable, unsure based on your applications though if you would still get problems I'm afraid.

Joe

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Joe,

I'll give support a call tomorrow, but I can't help thinking that they'll recommend the latest SR as this should be the most stable, with the least amount of bugs - But, SR9 caused some apps to crash when performing simple tasks and SR8 introduced a new bug with the calendar.

I might go for SR7 anyway as that seems to be fairly stable and I think used amongst a few people from what I have read.  We've only left it this late, as I'm nervous about causing issues on our PROD server

Mike.