Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Fit Zoom to Window Document Extension

I've gotten a lot of requests for this extension, and it's not perfect, but hopefully it will work for what is needed.

Since there is no "Fit Zoom to Window" option for WebView, I've created a document extension that automatically zooms the QVW contents to fit the browser window.

This extension does not work in Opera since Opera doesn't seem to support zooming or scaling using CSS.  Besides that though, I tested it in all the major browsers and it seemed to work fine.

61 Replies
Not applicable

started again from scatch and this time the extension is there

I must have missed something before - need a coffee

thanks for your help

Not applicable

check if you have load balancer setup in your QMC? There have been issue if a webserver points to several app servers the extensions dont work properly.

Not applicable

Ok, good to hear. please assign the issue as resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys,

My server is windows server 2008 and Qlikview server version is 11. And I have installed the extension on the QVS 11.And I had copied the extension files to the folder:C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document, and had set Alternate Extensions Path as "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions" in QMC.

But i have a problem like that: I resized  the size of ie browser windows, the extension is not effected,until i double clicked the blank area of the browser window.And the same problem is also happened in the webview of the qlikview IDE(qv.exe).

Pls give me any suggestion,thx a lot.

Not applicable

Brian,

I noticed this is now not functioning in IE11, I confirmed it works in IE9

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian

Not applicable

Brian,

I have been using this great extension for quite a while, but now that we have moved to IE 11 it is no longer functioning.  Are you planning on updating the extension, or is there something I can do to get it back in operation?

Thanks for all you do!

Shawn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

We had an exquisite requirement from our client, where we need to have a Qlikview document working more like an "app" in tablets.

We used the ideas on this extension but had to manage some quirks related to Google Maps, browser version management, and other issues.

Fist problem we found was gmaps markers get completely skewed when you use style transformations (something this extension uses on order to zoom). To solve this issue, we are finding the gmaps extension and we are nulling the effect of the zooming, and then applying new object dimensions based on the calc of the zoom amount, we affect not only the object location, and base object size.

The second problem we found, is that after re-sizing the window, the body element gets re-sized and gets bigger than the device window. We think this issue is related to the QVA.Resize() function that sets the base document.body element size to the device window size.

To solve this we used some advanced DOM tweaks so that the browser wasn't zoomed:

- Lock viewport usage appending meta tags to the head.

- wrap all document objects inside an additional div.

- CSS Transforms to the div.

We also found that document extensions are called on every action over the qlikview document. A sheet change fires the SetOnUpdateComplete, and the same for selections, page reloads, or a button action multiple firing. In result every "append" action over the document DOM must be checked. Double meta tags wont work, and in first versions, we would see multiple wrapping divs being created, resulting in dom errors for multiple elements with the same id.

For browser issues, we are using different meta tags for different browers, a different css trasnformation definitions for different browser and os versions.

This approach might help the previous user.

Cheers,

Miguel Catalão

Not applicable

Miguel,

Would you be interested in sharing your extension object with me?

Thanks

Shawn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shawn, i think we can't share the files in the forum anymore.

Let me try and create it on GitHub or something, and i'll get back to the thread.

Cheers.

Not applicable

Hi guys,

Has anyone else had the issue of the options for selecting a filter in a multi box coming up in the original place, not in line with the filter being clicked on? Does anyone know if there is a solution to this?

Thanks,

Ant