Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to select only one element based on another selection

Hi, I have a problem to create a button select an element from the result of another selection.

Target:

1. Select the latest "Date".

2. Based on the latest Date, the column Name can have multiple result.

3. Select only one Name from step 2.

Is there some thing like below:

somefunction({<Date={'$(=only(max({<Date={"<=01-10-2014 0:00:00"}>}Date)))'}>}Name)

that can select only one (the top one) Name from the Name list?

This is like to use array[1] in php, but I do not know how to select it in qlikview.

Can any one help?

THanks very much

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Enrique,

Thanks for your finding.

I do not know why it behaves like this when you select "project", then the max "date" is selected.

Normally, when you select a project, then the available date should be highlighted (available to be selected), but not selected. You need to click to select it or use button to select it.

If you try the other way around(and  that is my case, select the latest Date to get the Name), first select a "date", and you will see the the the "project" is not selected. This is a normal behave in qlikview.

Zhihong

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Hi Zhihong

This was an example I have given him because he believed he could help.

If what you want is upside down, select a date and see which names are associated, this QV is offered in standard form.

I've probably misunderstood your requirement, because my English is not very good.

If I explain in more detail try to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Ruben,

Thanks so much.

It works. I improve it a little bit as there are space in the Name in my real project.

='('&'"'& Concat({<CaStartDate={'$(=only(CaStartDate))'}>}CampaignName,'"|"')&'"'&')'

Zhihong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Enrique,

My problem solved.

Your answer helps me to know a new feature of QV.

Thanks very much for your time.

Zhihong