Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing Percentage Totals by Year

Hello,

Thank you for taking this question in advance.

Basically, I have data that spans across 4 years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014). I want to show it by two Dimensions, 'Engaged' which is either a Yes or No, and over each year.

I want the percentages to show 'Y' or 'N' for 100% across EACH year, rather than 100% across all 4 years (which is how it currently shows).

Example: For 2011, I want 'Y' to show for 70% and 'N' to show for 30%, 2012 to show 'Y' for 80% and 'N' to show for 20%, rather than showing all the 'Y' and 'N' 2011 + 2012 + 2013+ 2014 adding up to 100%.

I have attached screen shots below of what the graph currently shows, along with the dimensions and expression.

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

25 Replies
saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

hi Ryan,

if you want to include the above condition you do not need to include an if condition, instead you can can expand your set analysis expression like:

=

Count({<Engaged={'y'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised]>={'150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count(distinct id)

Regards

Saurabh

saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

and for engaged as no..

=

Count({<Engaged={'n'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised]>={'150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count(distinct id)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks so much for your quick response. For some reason when I put that expression into Qlikview, I got the error:

'Error in set modifier expression'

I am not quite sure what this means. Would you be able to point me in the correct direction? The conditions that I have in the expression are correct, I am unsure of where I am going wrong.

Thanks again for all your help!

sunny_talwar

See if this one works:

For Yes:

=Count({<Engaged={'y'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count(distinct id)

For No:

=Count({<Engaged={'n'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count(distinct id)

Best,

S

Not applicable
Author

Excellent! This worked! Thank you!

I almost have exactly what I am looking for with one exception:

**Please refer to attachment for reference**

QV Attach.JPG

The percentages are now showing for only the population that meets the criteria (i.e. in 2014, only 31% of the total population exceeded $150M) so it is being split into only 9% and 22% respectively.

I was hoping to split the population up relative to each other (i.e. the entire population would be made up of only those that are greater than $150M) so that it would show 100% total.

For example, looking at 2014: rather than showing only 9% Engaged and 22% Not Engaged (which takes into account the entire population), I would want it to show only the breakdown for the over $150M population.

In effect, it would show Engaged:        29% (9/31)
                                  Not Engaged:  71% (22/31)

I tried selecting the 'Relative' option in expressions and this did not work. Any idea on how I can get this to work?

Thanks again for all the help!

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Count({<Engaged={'y'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count({<[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>} DISTINCT id)

For No:

=Count({<Engaged={'n'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count({<[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>} DISTINCT id)

Instead of dividing with all the count, we are not dividing by the observations which are over 150000000.

Hope this helps

Best,

S

sunny_talwar

And in case you have to account for the IPO Type in the denominator also then the formulas would be:

=Count({<Engaged={'y'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count({<[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>} DISTINCT id)

For No:

=Count({<Engaged={'n'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count({<[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>} DISTINCT id)

Best,

S

Not applicable
Author

Hi S,

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

I have one more question and then my Dashboard should be ready to go.

I am trying to show percentages of Accounts that have been Filed and Priced by Firm:QV_Attach_2.JPG

I have written four seperate expressions, one for each firm. See below:

For A

Count({<[Audit Firm]={'A'}>}DISTINCT ID)/Count(distinct ID)

For B

Count({<[Audit Firm]={'B'}>}DISTINCT ID)/Count(distinct ID)

Etc.

These are the 4 main Firms; however, there are many more small firms that make up the remainder of the 100% (Notice that the 4 stacked graphs currently do not add up to 100%).

I wanted to create a 5th expression called 'Other' that encompasses everything else that is not Firms A,B,C,D.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me formulate the proper expression.

Thanks in advance!

sunny_talwar

I am not sure if this is going the work the way you want, but if I had the data, I would write the following 5th expression:

=Count({<[Audit Firm]=e({<[Audit Firm] = {'A', 'B', 'C', 'D'}>})>}DISTINCT ID)/Count(distinct ID)

Here the e is telling you to exclude A, B, C, D from the numerator count.

Let me know if it works.

Best,

S

Not applicable
Author

When I tried using this expression I got the following error:

What does this signify?

Thank you