Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WebService Error - Access Denied

Hi

I have written an extension object which would interact with a webservice using XMLHttpRequest; but I get the error "Access Denied".

Is it due to cross domain issue? Is there any setting in QlikView that will help to resolve it?

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't think it's qlikview related, make sure the other server is in the local intranet zone in IE. This are common errors, you might find a lot of information in google for this and the other one you posted.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

My code works fine on all browsers when placed as normal javascript with html outside QlikView script.js.

But when I place the same code of lines within script.js of QlikView extension and run the code I get the error Access denied.

Thanks

alex_nerush
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I think it could be related with cross-domain issue, because your service uses another port even if it is located at the same host as your QlikView Server... Cross-Domain issue doesn't relates with QlikView parameters... It's browser's security related feature... So, you need to use, for example, JSONP-request instead

Not applicable
Author

Was this ever solved. I am running into the same issue. Have a js script that works fine in IE but I get Access Denied in QlikView. The service I am calling is local, the url using localhost. Stumped right now.

Not applicable
Author

perhaps related to this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22098259/access-denied-in-ie-10-and-11-when-ajax-target-is-localh...

Does QlikView use different security settings that standalone IE11?

Not applicable
Author

After a bit more research, looks like this could be the issue: http://devmohd.blogspot.com/2013/09/cross-domain.html

If running inside QlikView, it's running from a "Trusted" source, such as localhost or local file.  Then it's making ajax request to a webservice that's an "Untrusted" source.

Maybe I need to find out how to remove local file from Trusted sites... I don't think I'm allowed to add a Trusted site on my work computer.