Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error on using QvsTunnel IE Plug-in

Hello,

Here is my problem,

I have a Qlikview server 10 that works through IIS 7

The HTTP Tunnel works, I ran a test with "http://localhost/scripts/qvtunnel.dll?test and it's ok

So i blocked the port 4747 to validate the fact that the tunneling works,

I still have the error message

"Failed to reach server: IP-...........

Switching to HTTP runneling

Connected to server OK, security settings denies access"

The same issue happens whether using Plug-in IE or Qlikview Desktop

Thanks for your help,

D.Sadki

54 Replies
Not applicable

I'm seeing this issue as well:

qvp://usb-tgqlikview/EAUS-BOS/SalesPipeline.qvw?iis_authenticate=359AF2C5D931602889A5F678F7F5EB3FF814C903&tunneler=http%3A%2F%Fqlikview.eftours.com%2Fscripts%2FQVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dusb-tgqlikview

I've tried using http://qlikview.eftours.com/scripts/qvstunnel.dll?testtunnel and I get:

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD></HTML>

I've tried using http://usb-tgqlikview/scripts/qvstunnel.dll?testtunnel and I get nothing.

I've tried setting the link machine name of the qvp://usb-tgqlikview/ Qlikview Server to qvp://qlikview.eftours.com/ and that causes all the reports to fail. People just get blank screens.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The linkmachinename should only be something like test.net not QVP in front of it.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Thanks Bill.

I tried qlikview.eftours.com as the linkmachinename, but users only get a blank screen when they try to access reports from accesspoint.

The weird thing about this error is that I'm not able to reproduce it on my computer, but other computers can reproduce it all the time. I can't imagine that qlikview users would need some sort of access to the server files to log in, but could that affect anything?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You have to make sure that port 4747 is open from the out side to the QVS server. You can test it with using Telnet

telnet qlikview.eftours.com 4747

if you gt a black window with a blinking curser then the port is open.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi BIll,

The port looks like it's open, since I get the blinking cursor. I'll have to try it on computers that are affected.

Thanks,

Nathan

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Nathan,

If you navigate to the QMC \ System Setup \ QlikView Servers \ QVS@... resource \ General tab, you will see the Link Machine field, please go to the upper right corner on that page and click the Help link, which will take you to the specific page help for that functionality in the QMC, and look for the Link Machine field info.  I would recommend you use the (From Request) setting, as that should ensure things properly resolve to the DNS alias you are using etc.  If that setting does not work, I would believe there is likely a problem in resolving the DNS alias etc., but I expect the (From Request) should likely do the trick.

The above being said, if the web server you are coming into is not on the QlikView server, you will also need to go into the registry on the web server box and set the link to the QVServer there as documented in the QlikView Server Reference Manual and search for Tunneling Using Microsoft IIS section, and you will find the Registry key information there.  If the first paragraph does not work, this should then likely take care of things if the web server and QVServer are not on the same machine.

Regards,

Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Not applicable

Thank you. I spended some hours to day to get it up and running and deleting ticketdata.PGO did the trick!

Not applicable

Guys,

I'm running out of ideas. The tunnel wont work 😕 QV11.2 Build 12664.0

IIS and QMC on server DES51225

QVS on serbver DES51226 - LinkedName set to DES51226 (noCluster configured!)

Tunnel.dll?Test = okaytunnel_error_00.PNG

I'm trying to open the: http://des51225/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=NOCLUSTER%7Cprj1%2FApp%2F1.qvw&client=Plugin and got the following error message

tunnel_error_1.PNG

config:

tunnel_error_2.PNG

tunnel_error_3.PNG

Block4747 on Client side because I want to use port 80 only

tunnel_error_4_Block_client.PNG

Ports opened between the servers des51225 / des51226 / des51227 etc

Inbound:

QV4720-4799TCPAllYesAllowNoAnyAnyAnyTCP4720-4799AnyAnyAnyAnyAnyAny
QV4720-4799UDPAllYesAllowNoAnyAnyAnyUDP4720-4799AnyAnyAnyAnyAnyAny

Oubound:

QV4720-4799TCPAllYesAllowNoAnyAnyAnyTCPAny4720-4799AnyAnyAnyAny