Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any way I can set up a Filter pane on Measures, not Dimensions?

I would like to have the option to chose what measures to show as well as what dimensions to show.

Here is a picture of what I have in mind:

I'm thinking to have a preset chart by device, for example, and then chose what measures to show from a drop down box.

Is that possible?

Thank you,

Teddy

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Teddy,

There are a couple ways to accomplish this.  The simplest is with Expression Groups.  You can group several expressions together and a new control will appear in the chart that will let you select which expression you wish to see, thus:

ExpressionGroup.png

Not applicable
Author

Another way to do what you want is to use a combination of an island table (a stand alone table that isn't connected to the rest of the data model) and variables in your expression that refer to the selected measure.  For example, you could  do the following:

1. Create a table that contains one field that has the measures you'd like users to select.  Something like this:

Load * Inline [
    Measures
    Sales
    Forecast
    Cost
    Margin
    ];

2. Add a new list box to your app that contains the field 'Measures' (check 'always one selected value'). This list box will allow the user to select which measure they'd like to see in the chart.
  3. Create a variable. Let's call it, vMeasure.  The variable vMeasure will contain the formula:
    =GetFieldSelections(Measures). 
    What this does is place the value from the Measures field into the variable
  4. Finally,  modify your chart expression to contain the formula:
    Sum($vMeasure)

Now the user will be able to select which measure they'd like to see in the chart.  Easy peasy.