Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Ongoing trouble with ',' and '.'

Hi,

my problem is this: I am in Germany, so by default we use the ',' as decimal_separator and the '.' as thousand_separator. QlikView, by default, does it the other way round - and moreover, the ',' is troublesome since it is used as separator between several parameters in a function.

=> I have an Excel_sheet with target_values set by Management. Some of them are in %, so I currently write them with a ',', like > 0,96< for 96%.

So far, that worked fine - now, however, I need to use that variable with the expansion syntax and format it as %.

So far I haven't been able to do that because in a PICK(MATCH()) function, the ',' is interpreted as the separator between two parameters. I have to use quotes around the expansion to even get it as > 0,96 < - which isn't so bad - but then I cannot use formatting since the quotes would be mixed up ... (the opening quote around the formatting_code would be interpreted as the closing quote of the value)

Can anyone give me a hint how to do that?

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Perhaps using chr(44) instead of direct comma operator?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks!

I made it - I was thinking too complicated 😉

Those target_values are all numeric, so I don't actually need that $() - without that, I can use the num() function to format the values like I want no problem.

Best regards,

DataNibbler