Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview on Ipad/Iphone via Safari

Hi,

I have a problem when connecting to Qlikview accesspoint via Safari from the IPAD.

- On our computers, we don't have to authenticate, we use a smartcard to connect to the system and the user/password is "automatically" sent to all applications.

- On the Ipad, we connect to the internal network via Wi-Fi and a personal certificate is installed on it that specifies the profile.
Connection to applications as SAP is working fine and gets this user/password automatically.

-  However, for Qlikview, when I connect to the access point, I get a popup that ask me to authenticate (user/password). As we do not know our password, it is therefore not possible for our users to connect.

- I tried with a user/password Admin just to be sure and then it's working.

Is there a way to ask to Qlikview NOT to request this authentication but to get it automatically from the certificate ?

Thanks a lot.

Anne

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IIRC this kind of authentication based on certificates is possible if yoiu use IIS as a web server. Actually, this is a Windows thing, not really a QlikView thing I think.

I'm not talking from prior experience, but am interested in an automatic solution like this too. I'll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Got some useful stuff from the net (certificate authentication in IIS):

Configure Client Certificate Mapping Authentication (IIS 7)

How to configure IIS client certificate mapping authentication for IIS7 - AsiaTech: Microsoft APGC I...

Although this is for an older release of IIS (Win2K8), your system admin will know what to do to get this running on a Windows 2012 server for example.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Apparently there is bad news...

http://community.qlik.com/message/657637#657637

Apple forces login authentication in iOS

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay, I was away from work.

Thanks for all your search.

We don't have IIS but Qlikview Server ... but it seems the problem is due to Ipad itself ...

What I don't understand is that connexion to SAP is working fine without the user/password. So I don't understand why connecting to intranet is an issue (it seems that sharepoint connection has the same issue).

That's what I feared indeed, I'll ask to my Qlik contact anyway and let you know if there are no workarounds ... but it seems not.

Thanks anyway 🙂

Anne

Not applicable
Author

Anne,

Did you have any luck with this issue, same thing here!!

thanks,

Brian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

Not yet solved unfortunately. but some possibilities.

However I investigated further and had contact with Qlik as well and with other companies.

This is the situation so far :

- it is NOT possible to connect via IOS application to Qlikview : username and password are always required. That means also that no OFFLINE connection will be possible as this application was a solution to this issue.

- It IS possible to connect with Safari to Qlikview server but :

- Qlik has to implement a development on the access point in order to implement a certificate reading. I wonder why this is not standard and why every company will have to pay for these 5 days developments, but that is another question  ...

- It seems that as we want to keep the windows authentification, it will not be possible to do this on one machine, so we will need a second machine for mobile authentification that will work with certificate reading and connect to the main machine

(unlesss you want to implement certificates on all your desktop machines, what I don't want to do).

If anyone has other informations, I'm still willing to know !   😉

Have a nice day.

Anne