cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access doesn't work on access point

Dear community,

When I reload the document and publish it with section access, with or without Strict Exclusion, the exclusion is done on the Service account and not the user account when I access it through the access point while when I use QV desktop the exclusion is well done on the NTName.

Would you have any clue?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards,

Labels (1)
8 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Jonathan, section access applies to the user credential that open the document, maybe there is other thing than the Service Account.

When you say the exclusion is well done on desktop...¿You open the qvw file or the puiblished document through the server? security can work different when you open a local document. It can happen than nobody has access to the document, but opening in server implies nobody can access but opened locally implies that security is not applied.

You can add a field to section access to verify that security is applying correctly, checking 'Initial data reduction' you can check if when you open a document, you only see data related to your user.

IMPORTANT: before making changes to security do a backup, you can lock the document to everybody, including yourself.

Not applicable
Author

Can you post the script of section access?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think what is happening is that Publisher opens the document with the initial data reduction based on the service account. After reload it distributes the file to where you want it to be saved and saves it with the data reduced on the service account.

I think what you need to do is exclude the service account in the data reduction part of SA. But this will become evident if you upload your section access part.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As Martin Mahler said, make sure the Publisher service account is not a part of the initial data reduction logic. As this account has an ADMIN access, it will be allowed to open QV app with the full data set.

Best regards,

Janusz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you guys but it's not working.

As soon as I saw your answer I thought I had something. It seems not. I will raise a ticket and come back to you on this.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Include the service account in Section Access or your QDS won't be able to reload anymore.

Did you set the reduction value for your service account to nothing (null)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you it helped me to check again the value in the dataset for the reduction. It was not a '*' as expected so it was reducing on a value.

Thank you for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan.

This was extremely helpful.  I had my reduction set to a specific value for the QlikView Distribution Service account.  Changing it to asterisk fixed the issue.  Now it reduces based on the user viewing the document on AccessPoint.  Would not have expected that to be the problem.

Thanks!