Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

would the application built in qlikview 8.5 will work in qlikview server 9.0 when it is upgraded??

our client had made the application and hosted in qlikview server 8.5 .Recently ,they would like to upgrade the server to qlikview server 9 SR4. so we would like to know would the application built in 8.5 will work in qlikview server 9.0 without any performance issues and compromise. I will really appreciate all your answers

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yes...it should. We have just completed the upgrade from 8.5 to 9 and haven't had any problems. That being said, it is possible. I would suggest making a backup copy of all of your apps before you start using them in 9 though. If you have backups, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The server upgrade process, well that's another story. Wink

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes...it should. We have just completed the upgrade from 8.5 to 9 and haven't had any problems. That being said, it is possible. I would suggest making a backup copy of all of your apps before you start using them in 9 though. If you have backups, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The server upgrade process, well that's another story. Wink

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Just a note of caution here, because we just finished the upgrade on our UAT environment and suffered quite a few problems that appear to be very specific to our documents, I have no confirmation from QlikTech yet, but I am under the impression that the SR4 plugin client and all thick clients are calculating every object on the sheet even if its currently hidden. This has a huge impact on our performance because our apps only ever contain one sheet, one of our production apps has well over 100 chart objects on that sheet with only approx 6 visible at any one time.

V9.0 SR4 on the Server with a V9.0 SR4 client runs like a complete dog, it is unusable!

However, V9.0 SR4 on the Server with V9.0 SR3 as the client runs perfectly!

As I said, this is very specific to our apps, but if you suffer performance issues when upgrading, bear this in mind.

Cheers,