Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ask: Partial Sum in Pivot Table to Sum Expression with condition

Hi. I'm qlikview 11 user and I have a problem with my Account Receivable report.

As you can see in the picture below, I want to add a partial sum in Pivot table to OVERPLAFON column which only have a positive value.

piutang.JPG

This is the formula for TOTAL and OVERPLAFON column.

TOTAL = [BLMJDKW] + [BLMJTTEMPO] + [1-14 HARI] + [15-29 HARI] + [>30 HARI] + [UNKNOWN]

OVERPLAFON = [TOTAL] - [PLAFON].

IF I just Sum it all (both positive and negative value in OVERPLAFON column), it'll give a not valid value.

So, that's why I just want to sum a positive value and I'm going to assign 0 to negative value.

I've tried use an condition expression in column OVER, but it doesn't work.

It always gives 0 value in Partial Sum row.

I use this expression in OVER column:

IF ( ((SUM(TOTALRUPIAH)+SUM(RUPIAH))-SUM(NPLAFON)) > 0,

((SUM(TOTALRUPIAH)+SUM(RUPIAH))-SUM(NPLAFON)), SUM(0)

)

NOTE: ((SUM(TOTALRUPIAH)+SUM(RUPIAH)) is equal with TOTAL column and SUM(NPLAFON) is equal with PLAFON column.

That's a query column name in my mssql server.

With that expression, I can change negative value and replace it with 0 value but it also gives 0 value in Total.

Anyone can help me?

Hope you guys understand with my poor english ability because I can't speak english well.. hehehe

Thanks

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Teddy,

Here i have attached the sample qvw.hope this will satisfy your requirement.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sudha,

Thanks for the help..

if I see from your file, you use straight table.

In my case, I can't get the valid value from partial sum in pivot table. (Pivot table > Properties > Presentation > Show Partial Sums)

For your information, I've tried RangeMax too, but it keep gives me zero value when I use Partial Sums in Pivot table.

Here, I've attached your file again with some additional changes.

Hope you can see that file, and you'll find the point what I meant.

qlikview.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

PFA the app.

kogasawara
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How about this expression in pivot table?

sum(aggr(if(sum(F1-F2)>0,sum(F1-F2)),F1,F2))

Not applicable
Author

Hi kogasawara and Navdeep Kumar,

Thanks for your help.

@kogasawara : I can't figure out with your expression. I think that expression is not suitable for my case.

@Navdeep Kumar:

qlikview1.JPG

as you can see, your expression works because there's no sum inside if condition. But in my case, i need to have sum expression inside if condition. e.g. : sum( if( sum(F1-F2)>0, sum(F1-F2), 0) )

however, this come out with a result in "error in expression".

This is what i'm facing right now :

=sum(if(F1-F2>0,F1-F2,0))   -> result OK, but i need to have sum inside if condition.

=if(sum(F1-F2)>0,sum(F1-F2),0)) --> it change the negative value to positive but it gives zero in total.

=sum( if( sum(F1-F2)>0, sum(F1-F2), 0) )   --> I need this kind of expression, but qlikview read it as an error. This is what I actually need.

anyone can help?

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

can u attach your app.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Teddy,

Try this,

=Sum(Aggr(RangeMax(sum(F1-F2), 0), F1, F2))

Thank you @jonathan dienst