Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator

QlikSense development for Maps

Hi there,

Just a quick question about any proposed development for maps in Qlik Sense:

Firstly, I`m in the UK and our coordinate system is based on Ordnance Survey British National Grid (Eastings, Northings) rather than Lat / Long. Is there any proposal for Qlik to support other coordinate systems? Otherwise I have alot of data I would have to pre-process using FME which isn't ideal.

Secondly, it's only possible to add one point layer, with a single measure. Anything in development to add more than one point layer with multiple measures?

Lastly, in maps I can add either a point layer, or a polygon layer, but not both. Any plans to do so?

Apologies if these things are available in QlikView but I don't have access to that!

Cheers

Neil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

The things you mention are supported by the, soon to be released, Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense. Take a look at a preview video:

Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense preview - YouTube

I'll be happy to send you a beta version to try if you wish.

/Johan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

The things you mention are supported by the, soon to be released, Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense. Take a look at a preview video:

Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense preview - YouTube

I'll be happy to send you a beta version to try if you wish.

/Johan

Not applicable

Hi Johan

I've seen your mentioned video and it looks great.

Is it possible, that I can try you beta version?

Thanks & Regards

Sarah

Not applicable

Hi,

Please send an email to info@idevio.com if you are interested in trying Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense.

Regards

Johan

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Johan,

The plugin looks fantastic. Can you tell me if you intend to support the Brit National Grid co-ordinate system?  This is the biggest issue we have concerning maps in Qlik Sense.

Cheers

Neil

Not applicable

Hi Neil,

Yes it would be possible to use the British National Grid in Idevio Maps for Qlik Sense. By default, coordinates are expected to be in WGS 84 and the background map is displayed in a Mercator projection but it is possible to change that. In our product for QlikView we have customers running local coordinate systems such as Sweref 99 (Sweden).

/Johan

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

That's great- thanks Johan. I've like to try the development version - is there a link to a trial that you can send me?

Cheers

Neil

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Neil, this is great collaboration with our valued partners. What Johan is proposing is an extension for Qlik Sense and is made available and supported by his organization. Just wanted to clarify this so there isn't confusion on what is available out of the box and what is available from other means such as extension objects.

please let us know if you have any other questions.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply - Johan's product looks great and something we might take up, but it would be easier if Sense did support other coordinate systems out of the box, so that I can create some initial visualisations rather than having to go down (for me at least) a very long winded road of IT consultation, installation, implementation...which might never get there!

Cheers

Neil