Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to split reference line?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to qlikview and dealing with something about the sea port and have two questions.

Now I have the stacked bar chart and want to set reference line for different time period. The ideal effect should be like this:

Capture.PNG

I tried out editing condition of reference line but didn't work. The reference line is always displayed as a long line and I can not split it to segments. The values of each reference line segment are not fixed. A input box will also be added to type the 4 values.

Any ideas? Thank you very much!!

(I am using personal edition so please better provide pictures instead of qvw files)

Min

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Your screenshot doesn't open it seems.could you please repost it?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Sudha, please view the attachment. Thank you.Capture.PNG

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Lyu,

What you could do is to use a combinated chart (lines and bars) and put the reference line as an expression, drawn as a line. For this, you have to create values in your data for it.

Regards,

Sorin.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That will not work because reference lines are non-dimensional calculated values which are displayed in the chart (mostly on the y-axis). Non-dimensional implies that they can't reference the actual dimension of the chart. I suggest trying a workaround with a ComboChart e.g. displaying a bar chart as reference lines and make the bars transparent so they look like lines.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your advice.

However if I create value for it in the data, is it mean i have to change the value in the data file and reload if i need to change the critical value? Actually the values changes everyday.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your advice. Another question is how can I change the values? Do you have any suggestions for me to make the critical values as four variables? So that i can change it in the qlikview interface instead of in the data file.

Not applicable
Author

Capture10.PNG
Hi,

As per John's  post i have tried this.

Capture9.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Sorry,The link is given below

http://www.qlikcommunity.com/thread/64174

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sudha, your suggestion is very helpful.

But i have two problems when apply it to my case. One is I choose combo chart, but combo chart doesn't support stacked bar chart.

Another problem is I set the x axis dimension to be continuous, but in match function match(FieldName, 'FieldValue1', 'FieldValue2',....) the field value seems to be discrete,  how to set the field value to be an interval of x axis?

Thanks a lot.

Min