Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fonts displaying differently in IE, Firefox & Chrome

I have created an QlikView application that displays correctly when in my desktop environment however when it is deployed to the server only Internet Explorer displays the correct character, (a 'tick' in Marlett font), both Firefox and Chrome display a lower case 'a'. Has anybody got any idea why, and is there anything I can do about it?

Pete.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Pete,

I would contact support and open a case. They should be able to put this in as a bug.

I have been able to reproduce the issue in SR9 and SR10.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

We run into similar issue.  When you open a file on Access Point (web), you are able to utilize the IE plugin (at least in QV 11), which renders the Qlik app in the same format as you see on the desktop.  We also do this and prefer it.

However, when we open our apps in Google Chrome (which runs better in our organization because we are on a much older version of IE explorer), the Qlik app renders in the Full Browser Version, because I don't think it can utilize the IE plugin.

We have yet to find any solution to this unfortunately, and I believe support for the IE plugin may be going away.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Pete,

I would contact support and open a case. They should be able to put this in as a bug.

I have been able to reproduce the issue in SR9 and SR10.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author