Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sort Tablebox column in particular order

Hi,

Is it possible to sort the value of tablebox column in particular order ?

I have Category and sub-category in below tablebox. Sub-category has distinct values A and B. I want to order the sub-category in alternate order of their values as shown below:

Is this possible? I have tried Match function but doesn't give the required output.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if I understand, in a straight table or pivot or tablebox, go to sort tab, sort by expression only

- for Category (change as your req)

=wildmatch(Category, 'XXX', 'YYY', 'ZZZ', '*')

- for Sub-category (change as your req)

=wildmatch(Sub-category, 'A', 'B', '*')

- remove interactive sort

you can get the same result (not in pivot) if you enable interactive sort and sort first by subcategory and then by category

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Check this

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Massimo for your reply. However, this doesn't work. It gives similar result given by using Match() function which I tried before i.e all categories with sub-category A are displayed first followed by all the categories with sub-category B. I do not want to sort the table by category first and then by sub-category. I want to sort the sub-category in alternate order of its 2 possible values - A and B. I have more than 100 categories, so the output should be category 1 with sub-categories A and B followed by category 2 with sub-categories A and B and so on - as shown in the screenshot of my question.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anbu. This worked perfect!!

Thanks,