Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator

How should i solve this problem

Hi all, I have two tables namely :Connectivity and Vessel_Details

In the Vessel Details , I have the following fields : Vessel_Name, Voyage_No and Vessel_Direction

For the Connectivity I have, Load_Vessel_Name ,Load Voyage_No, Disc_Vessel_Name, Disc_Voy

Note that the Load_Vessel_Name and Load_Voyage are connected to Vessel Details Vessel_Name and Voyage_No. Hence I am able to get the Load_Vessel_Direction by using Vessel Direction.

However, I am stuck as I would need to create Disc_Direction by using 'mapping' on the Vessel_Name and Voyage_No. Is there anywhere i can do this in script level

I have attached the file. I need a new field call Load_Direction

3 Replies
Vidit
Creator
Creator

Hi Benn,

If i undersatnd correctly, you need to create a composite key in both the tables

LOAD

Vessel_Name,
Voyage_No,
Vessel_Direction,
Vessel_Name&Voyage_No AS KEY
FROM
[New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Vessel_Details);

Connectivity:

LOAD Load_Vessel_Name,
[Load Voyage_No],
Disc_Vessel_Name,
Disc_Voy,
Load_Vessel_Name&[Load Voyage_No] AS KEY
FROM
[New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Conectivity);export.jpg

Hope it helps,

Vidit

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for trying. I have attached a sample data file. from ur screen shot. the vessel direction are link to the load vessel direction. for the discharge vessel, i need to 'MAP' or 'VLOOKUP' the vessel details vessel_name to get the Disc_Direction

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

From my attached. I need a new field call Disc_Direction.

For the 'Table', Load Direction is W for CRYS but Disc direction ORG BR is E, we need to map or do a vlookup to get the details from the vessel name