Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Server Installation Issue Windows 2012 R2

Hello All,

We tested Qlik Sense Server on a Windows 7 desktop and encountered very little problem with the installation/configuration.  We are now moving to production, so I was attempting to install Qlik Sense Server on a dedicated Windows Server 2012 R2 machine, and I am encountering difficulty.

During installation, the installer indicates that everything was installed successfully.  If I attempt to open the QMC, however, I am getting page not available errors.  If I look at the logs:

---system_proxy---

Could not contact local repository to retrieve proxy settings No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4242

-----

---system_repository---

Unexpected error in ExecuteGetAll Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.

-----

Reading through the discussion lists, I have tried:

* Uninstalling the software

* Insuring that the services were gone

* Deleting the c:\programdata\qlik directory

* Deleting the certificates

* Rebooting the machine

* Reinstalling the software

Still having same issue.  I have tried the above using both:

qlikat.barbourbooks.com

qlikat

Per another mention.

Help!  Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

With the help of Qlik support, spotted the issue.  Appears to be a known .NET problem:

------

The issue was that there was a extra line for "<DbProviderFactories /> " within the config/machine.config some how ( Unfortunately, MS knows the background why is creating an extra line) it was creating this line as result Qlik Sense was seeing empty and thought that needed Framework provider to be installed correctly. After removing the line, it actually fixed the issue since it is not need to have that extra empty line. You can read more:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9928361/unable-to-find-the-requested-net-framework-data-provider-...

-------

Once this extra was removed, I am now up and running!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Michael,

Is there any IIS role running in that computer? Do you have .NET 4+ installed with roles both Client and Extended?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

With the help of Qlik support, spotted the issue.  Appears to be a known .NET problem:

------

The issue was that there was a extra line for "<DbProviderFactories /> " within the config/machine.config some how ( Unfortunately, MS knows the background why is creating an extra line) it was creating this line as result Qlik Sense was seeing empty and thought that needed Framework provider to be installed correctly. After removing the line, it actually fixed the issue since it is not need to have that extra empty line. You can read more:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9928361/unable-to-find-the-requested-net-framework-data-provider-...

-------

Once this extra was removed, I am now up and running!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

1. Did you try to actually wait 5-10 minutes after you boot your machine? and then start QMC ( had that happen to me i was rushing to open console but services were not loaded yet . )

2. Make sure your services are running . press windows+r  type: "msconfig" > services tab , and check if you have Qliview in the list and if you do that its selected.

Hope it helps .

rubenmarin

Thanks, I have a similar issue and this solved my problem.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hello,

I have a similar problem with:

Qlik Sense Server 2.1.1

No IIS installed

---system_proxy---

Could not contact local repository to retrieve proxy settings No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4242

---

The first time I installed qlik sense everythings worked fine but after I restart the server either QMC and HUB doesn't works anymore.

Please help me I dont'know how to fix it.

Many Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Andrea

michele_stenico
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

I had a similar problem, but I resolved it writing the name of server in whitelist, both IP and name, in the proxy sections.

Michele

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Ok but the qmc doesn't works.

How can i manage the white list in somehow ?

michele_stenico

Sorry Andrea,

my problem was different. I could open QMC but hub crashed with similar error log.

However, the first time i installed Qliksense I  have kept the server name proposed by wizard and, obviously, QMC didn't work too.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Same for us, dont work on W212 Server.

Installation well done, but when i start the link to the QMC the système ask for a user/passwd (Witch one ??? ) and nothing !!

I allready try to modifie "machine.config" an remove DbProviderFactories.

Than for your help !!

Sory for my hold english 🙂