Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Change Access Point session timeout with custom authentication?

Hi,

I'm using a custom authentication in our web forms authentication login, so in that place we authenticate the user to QV (and IIS)

IUser u = new NamedUser(user, null, true);

try {

QlikView.AccessPoint.User.GenericAuthentication(context,u);

}

catch (Exception e2)

{

Response.StatusCode = 500; // SERVER ERROR

Response.End();

}

So we generate 2 cookies, one for the IIS (.CorporateCookie) and another one using QlikView.AccesPoint.User.GenericAuthentication for the QV (AccessPointSession).

It works, OK, but.. what about the session tiemout for the AccessPointSession???

I tried to change the settings in the QMC --> System | Setup | Performance

• Maximum Inactive Session timeout
  • Possible Session timeout

After changing the timeout in QMC (setup | performance) I can see how it reconnects passed the time timeout time, but it's not the AccessPointSession! So it just reconnects to QV, it's not about the session in the A.P.

Also in the document  tab, but I think its about the time the document is cached in the memory..

I also change the IIS timeout (in the default website and in the webforms authentication cookie), but the problem is not in the IIS side, because the auth. cookie (the corporate one) is still alive, so I'm pretty sure the problem is in the AccessPointSession cookie.

As I could observe, the A.P session timeout value is between 30 - 40min and is too low for our customer requeriments.

I have no control about how QlikView.AccessPoint.User.GenericAuthentication generates the cookie, so.. any idea how to change the expiration time?

I will apreciate any clue!

Thanks!

2 Replies
Not applicable

Were you able to resolve this?  I believe we have encountered this as well.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Most people forget the timeouts in IIS.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725820(v=ws.10).aspx

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.