Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question on Stack Bars against Question Discriminator adding up to 100%

I have a question group "How often do you shop at" with question discriminator several shopping centres and possible answers daily/weekly/monthly (simplified  -there are more categories).

I want to create a graph where each bars should add up to 100%,   showing the % of those answering for that shopping centre the various categories of daily/weekly/monthly.

If I select Question Discriminator and Question Groups as my dimensions, and count(distinct id) as my expression, then I get the FREQUENCIES for each shopping centre (QD) for each category correctly. But I dont know how to change the expression to give %s iso frequencies?

3 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Ria

You can use something like count(distinct id)/count (distinct total id) and select Show in Percent.

This will give you the percentage.

Thanks

Agis

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Ria

Were you able to find an answer to your question? Could you please mark this answer as Helpful or Correct if it answers your question so as to close the discussion?

Thanks

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis

The issue is that there is 1 question, applying to several shopping centres, to which different number of respondents could have replied. The issue here is to get the denominator for each shopping centre correct, which count(total distinct) is not. It seems as if the following works, where the QD is the dimension of the different shopping centres.

Count(DISTINCT ID)/count(TOTAL <[QD: What Percentage Of All The Money You Spend At Shopping      Centres Do You Spend At]> DISTINCT ID)

The next problem is when the question is applying to different product categories in different shopping centres, and you want the graph to display each characteristic for each shopping centre as you then have a question group with 2 dimensions forming the discriminators between the questions in the question group

Ria